tennessee - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
derek dehaas
tennessee

hello all,
my fiance and i are thinking of moving to TN from here in NY. anybody here from TN? how do you like it there? any good reptile shows down there? (i don't think there's any) how's the weather down there? snake breeder in TN? any info about anything in TN would be great! hopefully alot of reptiles related stuff are in TN for all i know is doug barrs from herpcages.com is from TN. hopefully if i move there i hope there will be a hardcore herper down there for me to make friend with

Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
kggjr
Hi I am from middle Tennessee area, to answer your questions there are several small breeders here, we do not have a reptile show in Tennessee the one held a couple of years ago was a ripoff, there are some in Alabama that are good to go too. Good luck in moving here our weather changes day to day one day we're hot the next cold if that helps any.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
derek dehaas
what are the coldest they get? that's too bad about not having a show there. is it nice living there? comparing to new york?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
kggjr
I live in Williamson county and the lowest we got this year was single digits, but for the last couple of weeks we have been in the 60's and 70's. Some places to go here is the Nashville zoo, the aquarium in Gatlinburg and Chattanooga. there are several good reptiles places to go also. Dana

Old 02-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
mmfrankford
We drive down a lot to see my grandparents in Georgia. I really enjoy the drive through Tennessee, it's a very scenic state.

Definitely check out the Aquarium in Chattanooga, I've been to several others like it across the nation (except the Atlanta..yet) and the Tennessee one is still one of the best. And while your there check out Ruby Falls and Rock City.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
derek dehaas
thanks for some info! we will have lots to see and learn about the state.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
Bar None Reptiles
Depending on what part of Tenn you are looking to move to, there are plenty of reptile shows in Kentucky. Some of my herp friends from KY drove down to Birmingham the other week for a show and had a great time. They will be heading back for another show soon. I only drove down to TN when I had dogs to drop at a transport location, so I didn't get to do a whole lot while I was there. But I liked it, aside from the confusing traffic in Nashville, but I think that was Mapquests fault. But I really liked living in KY while I was down there and wish I had not moved back to NY, but I had no other choice at the time. When school lets back out for the summer though, I may reconsider my living situation. But if you get the chance and are nearby, Morehead KY has a great show. Very clean. It's still pretty new, location wise, but it is growing and the vendors are very friendly. Shelbyville also has alot of the vendors there as well. If you know about where you're moving to and if you want to hit a show, let me know what you are into and I can direct you to some good people. Hopefully this summer I can hit a few shows back in that area. I miss it. Good luck with the move.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #8
derek dehaas
that's sounds nice. i have thought about KY, we just wanted to get out of new york and look forward to new things in life and see how it will work out, like jobs. but we are not sure of TN it was just something that we thought about. we really wanted to move to oregon but they have a very high rate of not having jobs opening. thanks for the infos.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
Bar None Reptiles
Personally I had no trouble finding a job as soon as I got to KY. My ex however did not have such luck. Part of the reason it is now ex. If possible, definitely line up a job before you get there. Other than that it was a great change from NY. Everyone is very friendly and there is plenty to do despite what alot of people think about being in that area coming from NY. The traffic was much easier to deal with, very predictable, unlike NY traffic. Just about any given weekend I could find a reptile show within a few hours so I kept plenty busy.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
derek dehaas
hmm i'll keep KY in mind. i'll check things out in a computer. sounds like KY can be nice for most people. i just don't want any crummy place like here in binghamton NY lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!