Tegu Get mean ??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #11
Idiopathicelectrode
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
he looks great!
I've also heard theories about the sun bringing out the 'inner monster' in some lizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
One of the most fierce lizards I ever encountered was a tegu once. Scaly pit-bull! lol. Years ago I read an article from a zoo keeper that was in charge of Komodo Dragon at zoo. It had always been inside and was puppy dog tame. They made an outdoor enclosure and as soon as he went in the thing it charged him and he leaped out of the pit. Winter time he was put back inside and was calm again. I believe his theory had to do with the Sun. Nice looking tegu you have.

I read that if you raise them outside from a baby, then they don't react adversely to sunlight

There was an EXPERIMENT done (again, EXPERIMENT, so could be missing something, ) where two baby Savannah monitors were raised with the same humidity, same temperatures, same diet, same enclosure, only difference: one outside, one inside. They were handled equally (up to 30 min a day, and at least 10,). They both became very tame, and, for the experiment, the indoor raised one went outside, and became a monster, at which point they brought him back inside, and he became a puppy dog again. The outdoor raised one showed no change except getting a little more energetic after going back outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #12
Kec5105
He is beautiful! I absolutely love how prehistoric these guys look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
CivicDemon
Im not totally sure about that hole sun thing because he would be fine as long as i was holding him. he would only turn evil when i put him down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!