Help me fill my empty Exo Terras (Ideas wanted) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
unendingwonder
Lightbulb Help me fill my empty Exo Terras (Ideas wanted)

I have two exo terras sitting empty for over 2 years, because I couldn't decide what to get.

I have an 18(l)x18(d)x24(h)
and a 36(L)x18(d)x36(h)

I'm not opposed to customizing the larger by making an acrylic divider to make it into two enclosures.

But I don't know what I want to fill them with.

so what am I looking for

a) obviously an arboreal type lizard
b) Something that tolerates at least some handling
c) Captive Bred

Ideas?

Old 03-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
snowgyre
It's hard to go wrong with a colony of green anoles. They're inexpensive, easy to keep, and very active during the day. The larger males tolerate handling well but females can be skittish. I've heard some Abronia can be fun but haven't worked with them myself, so I'm not sure how they tolerate handling. There are always crested geckos too. They tame down easily, are easy to care for, but are nocturnal so they're pretty boring during the day.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
unendingwonder
I'm not really a fan of crested. Gargs are far more interesting than cresteds to me.

I wish I had a good reptile shop near me, or reptile shows -- most are at least 3 hours away.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
AdamHess512
Go for an Abronia Graminea!!!! With work my breeding pair crave interaction, they are almost strictly arboreal, and most ad's you'll see are either farm raised or captive bred for they are tricky little buggers to catch in the wild. I love these lizards and with a tall exo terra, properly ventilated they will thrive.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
unendingwonder
is there a source you'd recommend for getting CBB Abronias?

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
AdamHess512
Underground Reptiles. They've got pairs. Remember these are very social. good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
lizards wanted