help identifying dragon morphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
mikepanzarella
help identifying dragon morphs

i just picked up these 2 dragons the other day but im not sure of the morphs
the white one is like a bone color all over her body he head is solid white and her body has a yellow/whitish pattern under her mouth is solid black with clear nails
the red one has red and orange all over her body even under her mouth she has black nails
any help would be very grateful
thanks mike
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
InterExotics
The top one may be a hypo of sorts because of the clear nails. Usually a black beard doesn't have to do with a color morph, it has to do with a dragon being stressed or upset.

As far as the red/orange one it is really hard to say, there are a lot of red/orange lines out there, many of them being similar. Maybe someone who is more caught up with the morphs than I am can help more.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
mikepanzarella
I know he's def a hypo I have a few other hypos I thought she might be a snow with how all white and almost no pattern she is
And yea the reds are so hard to tell apart but she's so bright in color I was hoping someone would know

Old 12-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
InterExotics
Could very well be a hypo snow. When I had one she did have a small amount of yellow on her legs, etc and had a very pale white head.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
InterExotics
Here's some photos of a few red morphs http://www.dachiu.com/gallery/pix.html

Might want to check and see if your hypo looking one is a leucistic.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
mikepanzarella
Yea there pale yellow on her tail and on her back and light a faded gray but u really have to look to see any pattern and her head is just white very little yellow around the eyes
My other hypo is alot darker and I can see the pattern

Old 12-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
HeatherN
there are very few- if any - true leucistics in the bearded dragon community, the first one could be a hypo snow/citrus cross. the second one again is hard to identify because there are tons of orange and red "morphs" and lines, but everyone i see just refers to their color chiefly

Old 12-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
mikepanzarella
yeah from what i know so far i know 3 morphs everything else is colors but what i dont understand is crosses,hypo,and leucistics
from what i gather its bars (blue,black ect) leatherbacks and leucistics/patternless
then everythign else is color like citrus,reds,blood,ect
i dont know where giants would fall into that
right now i have
citrus 1.1
cirtus cross .1
hypo leather .1
giant .1
firetiger .1
the 2 posted .2
hypo .1
hypo orange/peach/blue 1.
3 of the females are under 300 grams so i cant breed them yet but the others have all produced a clutch for me my giant just laid 23 eggs 12/4 she was bred with citrus
waiting on the red female to produce but the white one is only 280 grams so i havnt paired her yet

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!