Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 117 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #1161
Sugarhedgie
I sent them a message with the fauna link.

She said ty she will share with the admins then booted me out of the group and blocked me

Ty's pockets are really deep i guess. Without money he would be a nobody !!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #1162
Sugarhedgie
Here where I got the boot lol
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2017, 01:01 AM   #1163
Mike (The M)
I'm going to offer a possible insight here:

Remember a while back, people were saying to keep the unnecessary posts and noise to a minimum?

When someone doesn't know the OP from Adam, and they receive a message like this, there are three possible outcomes:

1. The admins take their time to read through all 117 pages of nonsense and make an informed decision.
2. They are going to look strictly at the two posts pointed out by person making the claim, and have to make a lot of assumptions, or;
3. Take the word of their benefactor and move on.

Just a thought.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #1164
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
I'm going to offer a possible insight here:

Remember a while back, people were saying to keep the unnecessary posts and noise to a minimum?

When someone doesn't know the OP from Adam, and they receive a message like this, there are three possible outcomes:

1. The admins take their time to read through all 117 pages of nonsense and make an informed decision.
2. They are going to look strictly at the two posts pointed out by person making the claim, and have to make a lot of assumptions, or;
3. Take the word of their benefactor and move on.

Just a thought.
I agree. The chances of #1 happening drastically decreases and 3# occuring drastically increases if "information" ("noise") is jammed down one's throat like you did with that admin. Things may have gone a bit more swimmingly in this instance if you had just informed them of the existance of the thread? Most of us agree that you are owed the money or a Tegu Michelle, but I think your actions may work against you sometimes, especially in the eyes of those who aren't following the thread and are either familiar or on good terms with TY. Just my opinion, though.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #1165
Deer
Honestly, while reading the initial back and forth between you two, the exact moment he started to "shut off" was tangible to me based on the tone of his messages - it was purely because you dared to contact him for an update. Not your fault! But I could tell it definitely annoyed him to be asked based on his replies (they felt very tongue in cheek immediately following that). Everything after that was just piling on for him and essentially poking someone who's already upset (I could be wrong, this whole thread was a mess and a lot of reading - but it looked like he got a rapid fire of questions immediately after he said not yet?).

A very very crappy way for anyone in any kind of business to be but I've seen it before. Usually with smaller poorly managed businesses though, run by people with zero business skills and short tempers. Once you forget that customers are important and their questions aren't personal attacks against you (and are key to making sure everyone is happy with the transaction) is the very moment you need to get out of business because you're probably going to give yourself a heart attack eventually from the stress.

In this case, he likely never even saw you as a customer because you "won" (likely still doesn't based on his ridiculous comments here), so treated you accordingly. Which is wrong wrong wrong. You paid money, that makes you a customer, period. That's like a grocery store treating you like a thief because you use valid coupons for their products, even though you paid cash for your reduced total.

He likely even claimed/will claim the donation on his taxes for the full sum from both auctions (or the full retail value of the animal X2). Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but donating to any charity in itself is pretty lucrative or most businesses wouldn't. He gets to claim all these amounts on his taxes and save a lot of money for his business that way so yes, he does benefit financially from this whole situation. Even if indirectly.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #1166
Sugarhedgie
The "rapid fire of questions" was not after the tegu was already supposed to be delivered (July 2016)
I simolybasked him on July 31 any news on the tegus?
he said not yet "soon I'm sure"
another 2 1/2 weeks went by so Mid august I asked him again. This is where he said I only produced purples and they are worth 5,000 "I only owe you $2,500"

That response was snarky imo

Then he goes on to TELL me he is going to pick one up from another Breeder"
And when I then told him I didn't know how I felt about that and that i thought it was supposed to be one he himself produced and asked for the breeders info because I care very much where my animals come fro. Is where imo his attitude went rapidly downhill quick!!
He wouldn't disclose the breeders info and wouldn't even supply me with a pic. The name calling by him twords me started shortly after this.

Either way he definately handled this whole situation very poorly and he and the IRCF both have been given so many opertunities to fix this but imo his ego is bruised and can't make himself correct this at this point. ;(

They could still make it right by sending me a t+ tegu. But they would rather drain me financially by making me sue them.

Poor business skills and hot headed busines men aren't very flattering

Old 03-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #1167
Cletus Marley
Is sending you a tegu on the table right now or is this just gridlocked?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #1168
Cletus Marley
It is. Srry. Missed that from the post above.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #1169
Deer
I wasn't trying to criticize you, just say (as you admit) he got snarky immediately after you asked again about when it'd be (my point was I could feel this attitude shift too). I don't think after that point there was diddly you could have said to him to make him "alright" again honestly.

I mostly posted because of several statements throughout this thread of people excusing some of his behavior on the basis that it is for a charity and several VERY WRONG statements that he didn't profit or benefit from it in any way when on the contrary, he gets a nice sizable tax write-off for it. My company does the same thing and if you know what you're doing, you can almost save more in taxes than what your donations were worth had you sold them more directly. I kind of wonder if he writes off the animals as the write-off or the raffle's ending cash totals as the write-off. Either way, he got double the write-off in this incident as he essentially donated the same "$5,000" (his words) animal twice for an amount around $7,000. That's a 7K - 10K write-off his company gets when it should have only been a little over 3K so yes, he benefits from it in amounts he now wont have to pay the GOVT. to keep his business going. Since this auction was at the end of last year too, it's possible he already used these auctions in write-offs at this point, too.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #1170
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Marley View Post
Is sending you a tegu on the table right now or is this just gridlocked?

I would definately take a t + the he produced last year for the raffle but he is not willing to do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu