Stolen Snakes / reward $??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 02-02-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
cricket
Post Stolen Snakes / reward $???

THIS IS AN E-MAIL I RECIEVED YESTERDAY....

Has anyone else seen this?

I am writing to you as you are the leaders of the reptile industry. Please show your support as we unite for this cause. Again no money is required unless there is an arrest & conviction. We just want you to pledge an amount of cash you can offer. I have received information that if we can get at least 50K pledged we can make the FOX PRIME TIME NEWS. Thank you in advance for your support. Here is a link to information about the reward. Please forward this to other people you know. Also post it on any forums you visit.

http://ballpython.com/page.php?topic=reward

Thank you again,

Dan & Colette Sutherland
Jeff & Rachel Houston

Reward! Reward!

HERE IS THE INFORMATION from their link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you to everyone who has come together to help find those who committed this crime. Many people came forward and offered time, snakes & money. The total monies pledged was over $54,000.00. We more than met our goal. We really do not need any more pledges at this time. Now we are on to the next phase. Jeff will be meeting with police this week to see what has been accomplished and what more can be done. We are still awaiting for an assigned detective. Soon as we have one with his permission we will list a tip line number and any other info that is suggested. So as we receive more info we will keep you updated. Thank you again for your commitments of support.

Short story: By Jeff Houston

"I came home at 5:15 from work. Walked in to find the house trashed. (couch, chair, kitchen table, bookcases, stereos, etc all thrown over. As I went to every room I found the same, place was trashed. The digi camera which was on my dresser was not taken as well as $1000 in cash in the top drawer. They just dumped everything and broke stuff. (sad attempt to make it look like the snakes were not the reason for the break-in, another reason why I think this person is close, they knew I would suspect them and needed to make it look like a normal break in, they went WAY to far. cops said it was a snake theft) When I got to the snake room, the door was open. I have 3 racks, almost all of them were emptied, boxes piled all over the room. They just pulled them out and dumped them, taking the snakes they wanted. I ended up finding some of the normal females in the closet, behind the racks, etc. The place was a mess."

"The entrance point was a window broken on the side of my house. My dog was there but could not get in the house or on the side of the yard. (he was fenced in back) People heard barking around 12-3 Thursday. So far no one in the area saw anything."

Here is a list of snakes stolen.

0.1 pied, low white (white at tail) 1400 grams.
0.6 pastels 350-650 grams
1.1 orange ghosts 650 grams
0.2 het orange ghost 650 grams
1.0 mojave 650 grams
1.0 spider 700 grams
Plus many large normal females and hets.

Old 02-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
cka
Hi Tracy,

Contact Alvaro here on Fauna if you'd like more info. on this. This is not some kind of scam attempt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!