Bad Guy Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #21
chamgirl99471
You won't have much luck with Paypal on this one then.. You would have to get in touch with his Credit Card company and give them all evidence to reclaim your funds. When you post a reply... hit the Post Reply button at the bottom of the post and there should be a Manage attatchments near the bottom of the screen to post images you have saved on your computer.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #22
DRUSS
Thanks chamgirl99471

chamgirl99471 - Thank you on the directions for posting images. I just wasn't scrolling down far enough. Its late...lol

I have posted pics of the paypal transaction of him paying on 5/10, and the reversal on 6/25. The second image is the email I got from Joe the day they arrived letting me know they were their safe and sound. That was my last email from him until the notice from paypal about him wanting the refund.

The third pic is of the albino I sold him... just for those that want to compare it with the KS ad for verification.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with paypal, I am open to advise at this point.

Thank you,
Joe Russell
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
chamgirl99471
Not sure exactly how you would go about it but if there is some way to get in touch with his credit card company.. that is about the only thing that I know of that would settle this situation. Once Paypal puts it's foot down there is usually nothing you can do but go about outside routes.... I don't see how Paypal could take the funds out of your account and not transfer all evidence to his credit card company that you provided though! Seems strange to me.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
DRUSS
My last email from Joe Schmidt

I just got a nice email from Joe. At least he acknowledges he has my snakes, and the money. I emailed him from his KS ad about the snake. He was pissed in his response to me.

This is easy to me:
1. He bought snakes from me
2. snakes were delivered (proof provided)
3. He orders refund through credit card company
4. he is pissed at me becuase I dont like being scammed.

My resolution is easy, either please return the snakes or actually pay for them. I dont think that is too much to ask.

Here is his last email:

I'll be posting every email shared between us tomorrow so you can again look like an idiot.Do you know what slander is?Don't you have a new kid on the way?Get your head out of the gutter and worry about what's important.You are the reason for this whole situation.I really will take you for everything you think you might have little boy! Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 27, 2010, at 3:09 PM, Joe R. <jreptiles4@hotmail.com> wrote: >
see you in court. you just admitted to selling a snake you stole from me. >

From: josephschmidt50@aol.com> > To: jreptiles4@hotmail.com> > Subject: Re: Message about: *adult classic albino*> > Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:43:36 -0700> >> > How dare you write me let alone give me an altimatum Ha!!> > I nursed this animal back to health over several months from the > sure> > death sentence you sent him to me on.> > Just like the "het albino" female i complained about that did in > fact> > die.> > I tried sending it all back to you practicly the same day I got > them.> > Why??> > Because they were sick and unhealthy.> > Remember you should still have the emails. I sure as hell do.> > I tried being cool with you when this whole mess started. And then> > some.!!! (got those emails too)you wanted to be in charge and ignore> > me remember calling me a clown... a kid... and an idiot too I beleve> > it was. Well Joe let me ask you this. Who is the clown now? Or> > idiot?? You had your chance to have what you NOW want and pissed it> > away with your shitty attitude and trying to get a quick buck off > me.> > It is clear as day to me now that you sir are the kid here and know> > nothing of the way the adult world works.> > Take me to court haha on what grounds? Your sad you made the choices> > you did and it has gone down like this for little ol' you??> > Pssshhh....That's your fault.> >> > And Profit?? please... I'm making up for the time medication and > money> > you costed me for being a liar about the animals I got from you.> > Period!!> >> > Now that you've wasted more of my time. Know this!!> > if you write me again or continue to bother me in any way shape or > for> > I will AGAIN take legal action and you will AGAIN learn a valubale> > lesson. That includes a responce to this email.> > Try me if you think I'm fucking with you pal.>

On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:29 PM, jreptiles4@hotmail.com wrote:> >> > > *************> > > NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com> > > Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive> > > please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.> > > NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to> > > receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be> > > compromised> > > *************> > >> > > You are a con artist. You stole this snake from me, now your > trying> > > to make a profit on it. You can either send me the money for this> > > snake, send it back, or I will take you to court.> > >> > > You are nothing more than a scam artist.> > >> > > Joe Russell> > >> > > ----------------------------------------------> > > Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's> > > location window) the URL below to view the ad that> > > this message is in response to.> > >> > > http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=799335&cat=6> > >> > >> > > ----------------------------------------------> > > This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.> > > This person may or may not be who they say they are.> > > The return address they provide may or may not be their correct> > > address.> > >> > > Sent 03:29 PM, Aug 27th, 2010 from I.P. Address 70.94.199.171/> > > mta-70-94-199-171.new.res.rr.com

Old 08-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #25
ozz465
is there any truth about the animals being sick or him trying to send them back?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #26
stunt_rider22
Joe Schmidt (GOOD GUY!!)

Well let's start with this. I was there when those snakes arrived at Joe's house. I personally saw the snakes when they were taken out of the box. The male albino was extremely under weight and sickly. Joe spent a ton of time trying to get it to eat and nursing it back to health. As for the het albino it too was under weight and was supposed to be gravid, but it wasn't. He also tried to contact Joe Russell by phone and email but did not get a response. When Joe R. finally responded to Joe S., Joe S. agreed to return ship the snakes back to Joe R., however, Joe R. once again did not respond.
I've known Joe S. for a long time and know he is not the type of person who is out to screw anyone over or steal their snakes. if Joe R. would have kept a line of communication open instead of not answering phone calls and emails, all of this could have been prevented.
Wes

P.S. The pic Joe R. posted of the albino male is the one Joe S. took after nursing in back to health.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #27
DRUSS
They were all 100% healthy and vet checked when they left. The two females were even gravid.

The offer to return wasn't until after the first disupte with paypal was denied. Then he told me that one of the females died about 3 weeks after he got it. But he didn't provide me with any proof. I told him that in order to get a full refund he would have to return all three snakes to me in the same condition he got them... I didnt hear back. I offered a partial refund for the albino and other female, but it was never clarified to me on if it was the normal or het that died on him. I told him that I have no control over a gravid snake that dies three weeks after he had her. He didn't give me any husbandry info on how they were kept.

I dont claim to be a perfect person, but to the best of my knowledge they were in great condition (feeding, shedding, deficating like normal) when they left my possesion.

Thank you,
Joe Russell

Old 08-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #28
DRUSS
let me clarify on the gravid girls. I thought they were gravid, and so did Joe when he got them.

I do answer emails. Joe has my home phone, cell phone, and email address. If they were sick or he was unhappy, I would have gladly taken them back. I would rather keep a customer happy then drag things like this on.

This whole thread is completely stupid. But what am I suppose to do when somebody has snakes and the money? I think anybody would be upset.

Joe never provided any type of proof (vet bills) that the animals were sick.

I have gone through my emails, and I haven't found anything.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #29
chamgirl99471
Your best bet is to post all e-mails fromt he beginning to the end of this entire situation.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #30
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt_rider22 View Post
Well let's start with this. I was there when those snakes arrived at Joe's house. I personally saw the snakes when they were taken out of the box. The male albino was extremely under weight and sickly. Joe spent a ton of time trying to get it to eat and nursing it back to health. As for the het albino it too was under weight and was supposed to be gravid, but it wasn't. He also tried to contact Joe Russell by phone and email but did not get a response. When Joe R. finally responded to Joe S., Joe S. agreed to return ship the snakes back to Joe R., however, Joe R. once again did not respond.
I've known Joe S. for a long time and know he is not the type of person who is out to screw anyone over or steal their snakes. if Joe R. would have kept a line of communication open instead of not answering phone calls and emails, all of this could have been prevented.
Wes

P.S. The pic Joe R. posted of the albino male is the one Joe S. took after nursing in back to health.
That's the dumbest crap I've ever heard... he has his money, and Joe R's snakes, AND HIS MONEY BACK, DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT.

No honest "businessman" would keep both. Since you're such good buddies, I'd encourage your "friend" to return one or the other immediately. There's a lot more going on here than either party is admitting to, but honestly, your version of the story is ridiculous... and mostly unhelpful hearsay to boot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!