Iowa Couple Cited For Illegal Snakes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #21
Schlyne
I wish them the best of luck. I know them both and I have a snake I purchased from them at a show.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #22
Stardust
I thought their names were familiar. I wonder if they were at the Tinley park show as I have been there also.
Born in Chicago and raised in the burbs but for the last seven years living small town like cat described I know both ends. I happen to be fortunate that the place I live can barely find someone to run against someone else into any kind of position let alone make laws lol
Anyway, I wish them the best in getting their snakes back. I still find the whole thing a shame.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #23
Schlyne
They were at Tinley, but they weren't vending. They vend at the All Animal Expo, however.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 AM   #24
Kaa needs a wife
I am tempted to do the same[email the mayor]. Nothing really angers me more than ignorance. Especially ignorant people in power pressing their ignorance on others.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Oh, and in case anyone is intersted, the mayor of Dubuque's email address is:

rdbuol@cityofdubuque.org

Thanks for sharing that information. Ive emailed him as well regarding this.

The last thing this hobby needs is uninformed people making blanket laws against these animals.

Mass laws seem to be the most fair, and forgiving regarding the keeping of these animals, so i pointed them to some examples here in mass. Hopefully it will help some. Better for them to have examples than just act without thinking!
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfwpets.htm

I think others should do the same in regards to them passing laws. the more information they have on what everyone else is doing at least. the better their decisions can be.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #26
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Thanks for sharing that information. Ive emailed him as well regarding this.

The last thing this hobby needs is uninformed people making blanket laws against these animals.

Mass laws seem to be the most fair, and forgiving regarding the keeping of these animals, so i pointed them to some examples here in mass. Hopefully it will help some. Better for them to have examples than just act without thinking!
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfwpets.htm

I think others should do the same in regards to them passing laws. the more information they have on what everyone else is doing at least. the better their decisions can be.
Great thought!!! SOMETIMES< when presnted with more "reasonable" alternatives to outright ignorant banning, the right people will actually be motivated to do something that's right for a change.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #27
NorthamExotics
Anyone ever wonder how the local authorities became aware of "illegal" animals on the premises?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!