Not good in Wisconsin - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #51
joepythons
unsure

This is getting to the point its breaking my heart .I wish i could go to the area where all this happened and get the whole truth about this.I hate the media since they stretch everything out of proportion majority of the time.If this building was in this shape you would think the neighbors would have complained about the smell before all this.Who knows

Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #52
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
This is getting to the point its breaking my heart .I wish i could go to the area where all this happened and get the whole truth about this.I hate the media since they stretch everything out of proportion majority of the time.If this building was in this shape you would think the neighbors would have complained about the smell before all this.Who knows
Some of those pics really make me wonder about fake pics. Not saying Mr Cullen is innocent but dang... the stench would be almost unbearable in some of those pics.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #53
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Some of those pics really make me wonder about fake pics. Not saying Mr Cullen is innocent but dang... the stench would be almost unbearable in some of those pics.
Yea thats what i would think also.I wish we had someone we could all trust to get us the whole story instead of bits and pieces.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #54
dzoo
Yes the smell would be bad to a normal person but just do a google search for "animal hoarding" - there are lots and lots of cases of people living in houses with everything coated in feces and with decaying cats and dogs right in their homes even in their beds and its as if they don't even notice AND they think they are doing a great job caring for the animals!

Quote:

Old 06-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #55
LoboGfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzoo View Post
Yes the smell would be bad to a normal person but just do a google search for "animal hoarding" - there are lots and lots of cases of people living in houses with everything coated in feces and with decaying cats and dogs right in their homes even in their beds and its as if they don't even notice AND they think they are doing a great job caring for the animals!
They get use to the smell... but no the neighbors, I knew a family that had lots of Chickens in their basement (Why? Who knows!!), If were close to the house you could smell them.. not good.. but the family got use to the smell, and they didnt notice it at all... couple of weeks until neighbors complaint about it.. city came and remove them all...

Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #56
MiIguanaLvr
I cannot believe that anyone would now be defending Terry Cullen after seeing these photos! Shame on you!
I know that everyone is upset and in an uproar over the state of affairs with reptile bans and what not, but GEEZE PEOPLE, put the blame where it belongs.....on Terry Cullen. HE is the one who let his animals get in this condition and gave more ammunition to those who would take away our rights to keep our pets.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #57
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
I cannot believe that anyone would now be defending Terry Cullen after seeing these photos! Shame on you!
I know that everyone is upset and in an uproar over the state of affairs with reptile bans and what not, but GEEZE PEOPLE, put the blame where it belongs.....on Terry Cullen. HE is the one who let his animals get in this condition and gave more ammunition to those who would take away our rights to keep our pets.
Beth,

No one is defending him whatsoever since the photos have been posted. All I have said is that we should give him the "benefit of the doubt" until he is proven guilty in a court of law. If its good enough for our govt, why shouldnt it be good enough for Fauna?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #58
LoboGfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Beth,

No one is defending him whatsoever since the photos have been posted. All I have said is that we should give him the "benefit of the doubt" until he is proven guilty in a court of law. If its good enough for our govt, why shouldnt it be good enough for Fauna?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #59
MiIguanaLvr
Reptile Roundup Animals Future Uncertain

MILWAUKEE - Assistant Milwaukee City Attorney Jay Unora said it is "unlikely" that exotic animals seized from two south side properties will be returned to reptile enthusiast Terry Cullen.

Representatives from the police department, department of neighborhood services, city attorney's office, district attorney's office, Milwaukee Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC), Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Racine Zoo and Milwaukee County Zoo are working on a plan for the long term care and placement of the creatures.

It will be a challenge to find homes for the more than 200 exotic animals linked to Cullen and his partner Jane Flint. There are questions about who has the proper facilities to care for alligators and crocodiles once kept in horse troughs. Experts say crocodiles actually need both water, dry land and a great deal of heat. One alligator was found huddled near a radiator, according to the criminal complaint.

"There's a sense of urgency," said Racine Zoo Director Jay Christie. "This is new territory and unprecedented in the city of Milwaukee."

Most of the reptiles are now at MADACC. Some are still in the same containers. Unora said in a statement that the animals have been cleaned, watered, fed and given medical attention.

Investigators call the conditions the animals were held in "putrid" and "terrible." They found live mice cannibalizing dead ones, turtles in tupperware and giant African pouched rats in tiny cages.

Despite what investigators say, Cullen's attorney Stephen Glynn defended his client's animal care last week.

"The explanation for the condition of many of these animals is that is exactly the way these animals are to be kept," Glynn said.

Glynn and another attorney said to be representing Cullen did not return phone calls on Friday.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post

Investigators call the conditions the animals were held in "putrid" and "terrible." They found live mice cannibalizing dead ones, turtles in tupperware and giant African pouched rats in tiny cages.

Despite what investigators say, Cullen's attorney Stephen Glynn defended his client's animal care last week.

"The explanation for the condition of many of these animals is that is exactly the way these animals are to be kept," Glynn said.
Ouch, thats REALLY going to help the cause. Turtles in tupperware is are how we are supposed to keep them? Granted, I dont know the size of the turtles or the tupperware in question but dang, dont ruin it for the rest of us when govt agencies call your setup "putrid" and "terrible" and you state thats how its supposed to be?

Idiots running amuck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!