Escaped snake kills two children in New Brunswick - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #51
azhketh
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
That is five days old.....

Could you link to an actual news site to substantiate this?
Could you not bring bias/politics into this? This thread isn't about what source you deem as "actual news," it's about the death of two boys, by snake or possibly something else.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #52
DesertRat73
What does confirming information as accurate and reliable have to do with politics or bias? Inaccurate info is why the media and the public hate snakes, so why wouldn't you want accurate info?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #53
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhketh View Post
Could you not bring bias/politics into this? This thread isn't about what source you deem as "actual news," it's about the death of two boys, by snake or possibly something else.
What are you on? I asked for a legitimate source not some radio stations blog.

I'm following this fairly close as I will probably be on of the first hobbiest affected by this as I live in NB and I have a business dependant on the reptile community. All I have been hear from the giant camp is stupid theories on what "actually" happened.

So far this is what they seem yo be saying. Apparently Jean-Claude killed the children with
CO, broke a hole in his ceiling and ducts the
claimed the snake he illegally owns escaped the
cage and killed the children.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #55
JColt
Yeah it would never occur to me to plug a hole up in a snake cage..... Moron.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #56
Shadera
Here's the video with that interview:

Part One is also worth a listen.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #57
KORBIN5895
Why are there so many idiots grasping at imaginary straws to make it look like the python didn't do it!?!?!?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #58
Shadera
Where's the undeniable proof that it did? I haven't seen a coroner's report yet, have you?

It's okay to disagree with people, but to call those of us that aren't convinced it's such a cut and dried story "idiots" just ain't cool.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #59
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Where's the undeniable proof that it did? I haven't seen a coroner's report yet, have you?

It's okay to disagree with people, but to call those of us that aren't convinced it's such a cut and dried story "idiots" just ain't cool.
Are you fabricating stories of CO poisoning? Are you using Australian blogs to say it was a murder?

I like you as you seem to be a solid person so it wasn't directed at you at all and I'm sorry if you felt that way.

The RCMP have stated that it was the python that strangled the boys and they based that on the autopsy report.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #60
Shadera
I did figure it was pointed at me. I am sorry I misunderstood you. You were talking about the former employee, then?

Oh no, I don't believe it happened that way at all. But I don't think it was as easy as snake smelled prey, crawled out and killed the children. There are a whole lot of questions I'd love to see some answers to, that we'll probably never have answered. The media has had their field day, so the (to them) insignificant details will never be reported. Honestly? I'm not quite sure what I believe happened, but I do know I'm deeply saddened at the family's loss, and at what this could possibly accomplish as far as restrictions for responsible keepers.

I DO feel, that the keeper was 100% responsible for these preventable deaths.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!