Boy Kills Giant Turtle - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #41
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Jim, do you really read what you write? You sit there coming down on people for taking animals from their natural habitat but you have a household full of them. Yup, that makes perfect sense..... You really need to open your ears as this whole forum is laughing at that statement.

Jim, maybe you should be the one to go out and get a better job so you can afford to support yourself without using animal byproducts. Oh that's right, there's a difference in the value of animals. Only certain animals have rights to you. They are not all created equal now are they? Once again you are a hypocrite. Only the animals that someone else shoots on your behalf is ok to eat. Sorry Jim, but I am at least man enough to do it myself vs hiding behind the proverbial hypocritical curtain!

As for incomes, my hunting has nothing to do with my ability to provide for my family. Anytime you want to compare K1's let me know. I hunt for the enjoyment, for the meat, for the ability to do what my ancestors have done for centuries.

You would rather allow someone else to kill your food for you but then call those of us with bloody hands barbarians.

Your soapbox is starting to sag and everyone see's it......

Griz

PS I will respond more later...

Quote:
Jim, do you really read what you write? You sit there coming down on people for taking animals from their natural habitat but you have a household full of them. Yup, that makes perfect sense..... You really need to open your ears as this whole forum is laughing at that statement

Dude, you cant read very well, can you? My "soapbox" as you put it, is all about SENSELESS HUNTING...what part of that dont you understand?
People can laugh all they want...thats not going to change what I belive in.
My house full of snakes were not collected from the wild. what part of that dont you understand? As I mentioned before, at least they are all still alive and not hanging on the wall.

Compare incomes ???? I dont have a problem providing for my family.
why do you feel the need to comapre.
Our ancestors didnt have the chocies we have today.
Today thier is no need for SENSELESS HUNTING

And where did I say ALL hunting should stop?

Quote:
You would rather allow someone else to kill your food for you but then call those of us with bloody hands barbarians.
you said your a barbarian ...not me, but if the shoe fits wear it.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #42
kmurphy
Quote:
The point is THEY ARE STILL ALIVE
I guess the question would be, if you were given the choice, would you rather spend the rest of your life in a prison cell or executed today. Myself, I would prefer the later.

We can agree that senseless killing is wrong. Where we disagree is what constitutes senseless killing. Evidently you feel the shot gun blast between the eyes that drops a steer at the slaughterhouse is justifiable. This was done so you could have rib-eyes at the back yard barbecue. I feel that shooting a deer in November is justifiable. I shoot them so I can have deer meat to eat and I like deer meat. You probably feel any animal that is raised to be slaughtered is okay to kill and eat. I feel deer are raised to be slaughtered.

I do feel there is some hypocrisy in making statements like
Quote:
I live in the woods and would much rather see the wildlife alive than on my plate or hanging on the wall
when you keep exotic pets. You can rationalize it any why you want but it still boils down to keeping wild animals in cages. Like most people that keep herps I love looking at wildlife. However, I fail to see the difference between shooting them, grabbing them from under a rotten log, or sticking them in a plastic sweater box for the rest of their life. Do I get angry when I see the commercial trapping of diamond back terrapins. Of course I do. But I eat lobster and they are trapped the similarly. So how can I say one is wrong and the other isn't. I my mind they're either both wrong or both right. The same with hunting and keeping exotic pets.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #43
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I do feel there is some hypocrisy in making statements like
when you keep exotic pets. You can rationalize it any why you want but it still boils down to keeping wild animals in cages. Like most people that keep herps I love looking at wildlife. However, I fail to see the difference between shooting them, grabbing them from under a rotten log, or sticking them in a plastic sweater box for the rest of their life. Do I get angry when I see the commercial trapping of diamond back terrapins. Of course I do. But I eat lobster and they are trapped the similarly. So how can I say one is wrong and the other isn't. I my mind they're either both wrong or both right. The same with hunting and keeping exotic pets.
Are you only reading part of what I post...because my reptiles were not collected under logs.

On a side note; define EXOTIC.

if you didn't eat lobster would you still think the same, you say its OK now because you like to eat lobster.
I guess if I liked deer meat so much more than what I can get at the grocery store I would feel the way some of you do. the same goes for If liked dead animals around my house.

Animals raised to use for human consumption is not that same a shooting something in my yard.

There are just some things that are unavoidable, it still doesn't make it right.

It seems like with some of you it has to one way or the other, and theres no in between. I know my views about hunting aren't going to change anything. I didn't post them in any attempts to try and change anything. they are just that ..my views. Some will agree and some will disagree.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #44
Griz
Kevin, you are right on the money. If I was not using my cell to type this, my posts would be much more indepth.

Jim, you are the one who fails to comprehend your own stance. When I get back to my office tomorrow I will continue ''YOUR'' lesson. Right now my finger is hurting!

Bob

Old 07-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #45
homegrownherps
Quote:
Kevin, you are right on the money. If I was not using my cell to type this, my posts would be much more indepth.

Jim, you are the one who fails to comprehend your own stance. When I get back to my office tomorrow I will continue ''YOUR'' lesson. Right now my finger is hurting!

Bob
My lesson....your to funny. I doubt I would learn anything from you.
Save yourself the time and energy, I'm done.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #46
kmurphy
Exotic?

Well let me see. You could start with - Something not from the area. I see from your web site you have all kinds of snakes from thoughout the US. They're all exotic to you.

The animals you and I keep are wild animals. They're not domesticated. Sure they may be docile. Just because the animals you have aren't wc, somewhere along the way one was, just for you Jim. It may have been the mother, grandmother and so on down the line. But you have the animals you do because an animal was taken from the wild.

I guess my lobster example wasn't clear enough. I eat tuna, out of a can. Because I bought it in a grocery store doesn't negate the fact that wild animals were killed for it to be there. Too many people have a hierarchy of animals. They feel it is wrong to kill this animal but okay to kill another one. Not deer but red snapper's are great. Kill bass leave turkeys alone. I don't do that. So I can't think badly of the terrapin trapper. Someone eats them just like I eat tuna.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #47
Griz
Jim, don't run from a debate simply because your soapbox is being rocked. You initiated this so at least stand your groun.

Here's my question for you:

Define senseless hunting.

Griz

Old 07-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #48
homegrownherps
Quote:
Jim, don't run from a debate simply because your soapbox is being rocked. You initiated this so at least stand your groun.

Here's my question for you:

Define senseless hunting.

Griz

I'm not "running" from anything.
Your not discussing the issue I am talking about. You and and another have twisted to suit yourself.

If you want to continue ,,,,re read my posts and get back on topic.

SENSELESS HUNTING

Old 07-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #49
Griz
Jim, we all know that you know how to use the cap lock button.

But, you have still failed to define senseless hunting. Give me a straight forward one or two sentence definition. That's all I am asking.

Griz

Old 07-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #50
homegrownherps
Quote:
Jim, we all know that you know how to use the cap lock button.

But, you have still failed to define senseless hunting. Give me a straight forward one or two sentence definition. That's all I am asking.

Griz
VERY OBSERVANT SMART
IF THAT'S THEY WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY .

YOU SEEM TO ONLY WANT TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT.

PAY ATTENTION - GO BACK RE READ MY POSTS. I AM SURE IF YOU DO YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE THE POINT I AM MAKING.

THE NEXT THING I EXPECT OUT OF YOU IS MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT MY SPELLING OR SOMETHING.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!