Parasites in Iguanas ???'s please. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
mialma09
Parasites in Iguanas ???'s please.

Ok so my wife and I purchased our baby red iguana at the Pomona, CA show last september I believe it was and it has been doing really well and eating well, we spray the cage for extra water to lap up and a mix of different veggies always topped with repashy supercal and repashy super pig to bring out the red in it a little more. But over the last few days I have kinda noticed that her belly/abdomen has gotten a little bigger and rounder. I have seen that she goes poop in the bath tub that it goes down a bit like maybe she had some excess gas or something but I wanted to know what kinda parasites if she had any they could be and if they were immediate life threatening and if antibiotics or antiparisitics would need to be implemented quickly. I really appreciate your time in reading this and I hope to have some knowledgable expertise replied back, thank you.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
LittleLady
Hi There!
I'm not an expert, but I've owned an Iguana for the past 9 months he is now ten months old. For the most part his little tummy looks exactly the same way when he has eaten well. I, at one time thought mine was overly bloated, but I think it is when they are also well hydrated. As far as the poop goes I think my Ig's goes to the bottom of the bathtub to, most of the time. Hope this helps a little!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
mialma09
Yeah I have owned a few iguanas before as well I guess I may have just over reacted a bit. I had just never noticed it bloat like that before but it has gone down and such when it goes to the bathroom and during the day. I dunno maybe I just have a tubby iggy.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
never hurts to get a fecal done (lots of vets will do so for less than $20), back when I had an iggy, he did have a parasite load which was easily treated.
Good luck, cute little one!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Monkey Tails Canada
I have to agree never hurts to get a fecal sample tested!!
I check all my new lizards right away! Almost all my skinks had some kind of internal parasite when I first bought them. Very easy to treat after you know what your dealing with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!