Bad Guy Greg Johnson - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
SmokyMtnReptiles
Arrow Greg Johnson

Just a heads up..Greg Johnson contacted me asking about 2 of my boas. Then sent me a cashiers check for the right amount. He sent it priority mail cost him $5.45 to send it. I take it to my bank and they called the police and told me I was scammed. Well I hadnt shipped anything so Im not out anything except time but still. He didn't send extra to have it sent back(known scam)so not sure what he was doing with this one. Maybe he thought Id just ship and not try to cash it first.
Here is his info:
Greg Johnson
USA NATIONAL TITLE COMPANY
216 W Harrison Street
Fairmount,IN.
(760)279-4715
wert8hvhhlll@gmail.com
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
If he is in IN, why would he be using a credit union in AZ?

Old 07-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #3
Herpin Man
I thought that name sounded familiar:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=659413

Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #4
AF1Bird
I had the same guy contact me today in regards to my 1.1 DH Ghost/Pied pair. Same story, offered me $50.00 more after asking my final price. Asked for all of my info to send me a money order or check. He used this email address: nvirbiseems@gmail.com

Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #5
spiritedghostwolf
i just ran into this guy, he sent me this exact check with 1,750, and sayed he would give me 50$ extra. i thought it was weird. but stupidly i deposited Online through my mobile app. if its fake, i doubt it will approve it. i told my boyfriends grandmother and she said it was a scam. i will rip the check, and email the scammer.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:59 AM   #6
suskie1992
Yup, just got another round by that name. Cant even change his scam names. So many people know of his trickary already

Old 07-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
eyeoftaurus@cox.net
FYI

When I saw this thread I just had to add what I have experienced and found out regarding whole thing. It would seem that he doesn’t only go after high end animals as my stuff posted is $100 and under. Not only do you have to watch out for the name Greg Johnson but there is at least another name Wilson Gran being used and I can only assume even more yet unknown ones. I got the same email question from both senders, "Still up for sale? get back to me with the final price", just yesterday. So I became very suspicious and did a little ISP research on the email address for "each person" only to discover they both have the exact same ISP address. So both emails came through the same computer/router and one can assume both are one and the same person. As was mentioned one the threads on this guy he is using multiple gmail accounts. The ones I got from the same ISP# were Greg Johnson (nvirbiseems@gmail.com) and Wilson Gran (wg3138015@gmail.com). I sent a little note back to "each" one of them with the attached email trail report showing the deed. Not gotten a response back and don't expect one. If you know where to look, depending on your email program you can find the detailed report of the path of the email along with all the identifying information. To make it easy, here is the ISP for these scamming emails. ISP#- 209.85.220.65 Also note that if someone has more than one router in their home or office the ISP#'s will be almost the same except for the last numbers. I also got an email today from "another person" with the ISP# 209.85.220.41 it also maybe the same person just a different router at same location though can't prove that. But the first 2 I gave with the same number is definitely the same person. So hope this helps you all and be cautious it is amazing the extent folks will go for a scam.

Regards,

Steven

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!