Good Guy Big Cheese Rodents - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
aleria
Big Cheese Rodents

I placed my order on Wednesday 2/12 and they were shipped same day, which is awesome turnaround time. They were supposed to be out for delivery on Friday 2/14, but unfortunately on Wednesday we had an major ice storm that left most roads shut down and businesses closed, followed by days of 70+ degree weather. This of course delayed all deliveries.

The package showed it was supposed to be out for delivery on Friday, followed by an update stating all deliveries were delayed due to weather(even though we were now 2 days into 70 degree weather with no ice in sight). At that time Chris called me and told me he had seen that there was a delay in shipment and to let him know if I had any problems at all when they arrived.

The package was not delivered Monday due to Fedex being incompetent. The driver did not even bother to carry the small 12 lb box upstairs to my apartment, and instead simply slapped a notice on the door and left, even though I signed up for their website to specify that all packages be left at the door, even those requiring signature.

Chris called again and I told him what I had seen on my security camera of the Fedex driver's laziness and he said to give him a call when they arrived the next day and that he would be calling to file a complaint with Fedex.

The package was finally delivered while I was home after work the next day(now 6 full days from shipment date), and as you can imagine, the box was crumpled from the humidity inside and out. The rats ended up warm and mushy with blood coming out of their noses; but luckily they were so well packaged there wasn't any stench or nastiness as I've seen before.

I left Chris a voicemail the next morning, Wednesday the 19th, and he got back with me that afternoon. He said they would have a new shipment out that afternoon for Friday the 21st delivery, which was fantastic.

The package arrived a day early, yesterday on Thursday the 20th, while I was home sick, and was actually left at my door as it should have been originally. I unpackaged the rats immediately and they were perfect. They are so nicely packaged, and will save a ton of space in my freezer now.

Between the quality of the rats, and the amazing customer service from Chris, especially when Fedex screwed things up, I will definitely continue to buy from them in the future. The fact that not only did they get an order to me, but a replacement order, all in just one week is fantastic.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
DISCERN
Chris and everyone at Big Cheese are fantastic people with great rodents! Another great testimony of their lasting success!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
silverishness
I've been using them for the past couple of years for all of my micey-rat needs, and I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a single order. Fantastic people, fantastic product.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Captive Bred Excellence
Thumbs up

I've been ordering from you years, always well packed good quality rodents. Had one mishap where I received thawed rodents and Chris sent out a replacement soon after I contacted him.
Tad Fitzgerald

Old 02-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Kilzac
After ordering from Chris, I no longer have any worries about the rodents I am getting. The rodent quality is superb and packaging is just blissfully simple. The price is also very fair, and for the quality you get, dare I say low? But I'm not complaining. Big Cheese Rodents went above and beyond my expectations. They have definitely set the bar high for other rodent breeders.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
Tenor Goddess
I have purchased from Big Cheese Rodents for years and have always been pleased with their stock and excellent customer service.
Great prices, great service and my snakes aren't complaining either. ;D

Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Teatime
Love to hear good stories like this! I've only had snakes for a little over a year now but I started out using this company and will continue to do so. The mice always arrive well packaged and clean.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
poomwah
I love big cheese, fedex, not so much.
I just got my first order from big cheese last week. Got a text update that it had been delivered, I looked outside and the box was sitting in a snow bank in my front yard. Didn't even knock.
Big cheese is great though, there was one VERY minor mixup, and they went WAY out of their way to fix it. One of my packs of weaned rats was mislabeled, so instead of 20 weaned rats I got 15 small rats. When I let them know they were VERY nice about it, very polite. They told me they could get the 20 weaned rats out to me by the end of the week, or they would give me 40 weaned rats for free on my next order. I couldn't see them spending the shipping and packaging just to send one pack of weaned rats, so I opted for the 40 later.
But they were great about it, quick to offer solutions and have definitely earned my business for a long time to come.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!