Venomoids, the right and the wrong. - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #101
Gary O
Guys..... Thank you. Makes me see a lot of people see what I have been saying for years.

Oh Ray I never begged you to make the video. Never asked you to have the nsakes bite you. And guess what My friends may have asked you to post it. But like I said I do not control my friends.

Guess what. You abused the snakes and forced them to bite you. Bottom line....

Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #102
adder
OK, so some of you (above) rant about human welfare and bite risks of humans.
Our number one pre-occupation is with the welfare of the snakes!
For us this is MOST important and venomoids are venomoids for that reason more than any other!
No tongs for our venomoids and we have happy snakes.
You lot can belt your "pet" snakes with sticks, break bones with tongs and that's OK!
We free handle our snakes and do not forcibly restrain the venomoids in any way - that is the main reason for it - the snake's welfare ... ah I forgot, some of you are into egos and not the snakes themselves.
As for the crap about "oh he has venomoids because he can't handle hots", that's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.
I'd been catching, keeping, breeding, discovering and naming species of deadly snakes before some of you were born!
Ever heard of Pailsus pailsi?
Mmm, probably not!
Try Pilbara Adders?
Same...
Who was the idiot who discovered those things?
And how many of you have caught ten hots this week (wild and with venom)?, or a similar number last week and every week of summer?
Well I have (only Browns and Tigers this week, 3 and 4 in the world's deadliest stakes), so I think I have a little more authority to raise the issues of safe handling than most if not all the rest here...and claims I can't handle the things safely and without getting a bite are rubbish.
Oh and we didn't use tongs or sticks to catch any this week!
Now as for S373, 273 or whatever number is is, the effects of this will have far reaching effects way beyond the borders of the land of the free and that's why I have been fighting it from here!
Pity someof you lot are apparantly working in favor of the bill rather than against it!
Time IS running out....
ALL THE BEST

Old 01-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #103
Strike_Force_Reptiles
hmmmm so the surg doesnt hurt the snakes? i think there has to be some pain there dont you? oh thats right Ray u dont think. so you went out catching hots by hand then right? smart ant ya lol. how can you be fighting to defend a bill you dont even know the number to? lol so Ray what bill is S273 that you been fighting to defend? lol wow im impressed you caught some snakes, very good for you. u going to chop them up just so they can bite u too? its people like you that that get people wanting to ban things cause of ur lack of responsible ownership. so you named some snakes lol well hell i could walk out my door stump my toe fall off my step land in the dirt and just happen to find a new bug and name it pooh bear but that wouldnt make me a smart guy and a responsible owner just cause i got lucky cause i fell on my face. smart is being responsible and being responsible means taking all safty measures. showing kids that snakes can bite u is not smart and far from responsible. somewhere i ur own little world i do believe u think u are helping because of it but the reality is if some kid dies from getting bit it could just be because he saw u do it but we will never know and u are too ignorant to believe it could happen. talk all you want but im done wasting my time on you and i believe the others posting here are tired of it too so just have at it and we will just pass ur post by.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #104
Gary O
Funny thing is he keeps bringing up all the stuff he does. He is bragging about all this stuff. But then says others have egos. I let my actions speak. Dont need to tell people the things I have done. LMAO.....

Keep hacking....... I will just keep keeping.......

Your upset becuase the truth is out. People are not bending over backwords becuase you are here. Like I said dont use sticks grab them a few inches behind the head and slap them untill they bite. It is much better LMAO

Old 01-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #105
adder
Let's go back to the original reason I posted here...

deep breath....

Venomoids DO NOT regenerate venom. Easy.....

Lets turn the bullshhhht meter off please!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #106
reticguy76
i think what it all boils down to is animal keeping morals and ethics. obviously a venomoid probably will not regenerate venom, just as a pit bulls or boxer (or whatever breed)) ears will not grow back when cropped, the fact is it is a sadistic, non-needed practice that benefits only the keeper/owner. for me, and id hope everybody else in the world (unfortunately most are not moral and ethical people), morals and ethics in humanity and preservation and respect of these animals would naturally prevent us from taking what comes natural and god gave these animals.
but hey, thats just me.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #107
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Let's go back to the original reason I posted here...

deep breath....

Famous last words....

Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #108
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post

Then why won't Sabatini guarentee his work?

If the procedure is guarenteed, he should back up his work. He doesn't. Could it be that he knows there could be a regenation issue and wants to CHA in case someone who bought one of his "fixed" snakes gets envenomated? I think so.

You are putting your life on the line (and others) when dealing with a void. You really have no way of knowing if the surgery will render it permanently incapable of delivering a "loaded" bite or not.

Do I think there may be some place for them in educational presentations? Possibly. It may decrease some of the risks BUT void or not, they should still be treated as an intact snake and safe handling techniques should still be used. BTW, free handling is not what I would consider a safe handling technique.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #109
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Do I think there may be some place for them in educational presentations? Possibly. It may decrease some of the risks BUT void or not, they should still be treated as an intact snake and safe handling techniques should still be used. BTW, free handling is not what I would consider a safe handling technique.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #110
adder
STF you wrote:
"free handling is not what I would consider a safe handling technique. "
This is common perception and one I share often, BUT from an animal welfare perspective "free handling" is better than sticks, tongs and other forcible restrictions.
We free handle all snakes, including world's deadlest at our snake shows - always - we don;t carry sticks of any sort! and at Snakebusters we put the snake's welfare first and this is what separates us from other snake handlers in Australia - period!
Also it is a commonly known FACT that a snake that has been free handled often and with care and respect, loses the urge to bite (usually), and this is seen in pet colubrids, pythons and dare I say it, .... venomoids, that are free handled daily.
But lets agree to disagree, you are against snake's welfare and I am for it, and that's OK.
While talking venomoids I can say I have managed to get a heap of venom from a pair of venomoids recently by breeding them and getting a heap of babies, all with venom.
Seven Eastern Brown Snake eggs hatched today, 100 per cent hatch rate and both parents have been venomless for years! Another lot are in the incubator as well!
Another snake handler here in Australia has this week, just been carted to hospital in a chopper after getting chomped by a Brown snake here in Australia (while stick handling in a show) and nearly died and that is not some risk I would give my staff, so we only use venomoid (defintion - no venom - ever!) browns.
ALL THE BEST

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!