Getting a Tarantula - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
kggjr
Where do I get peat moss at? I have the vermiculite do I go to like lowe's or home depot, or like tsc to get it.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #12
Leighanne
Peat Moss can be found at the places you mentioned or Wal Mart.

Sorry again John. Maybe my friends Pink Toe also died from being in a small Cricket Keeper when they are active and like to climb. DUH! I had just woken up, but maybe it was his sponge. I haven't had the sling experience yet. Ermac is and has always been a beast so no fears for drowning and our Pink Toe ,Jeff mists 1 to 3 times daily. Hes got a Hawks eye on that humidity gauge and he has two small bottle caps filled with water that aren't wide so she can't climb into them but they are the perfect height so she can drink! If it was me I know I would constantly change the sponge.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #13
KelliH
I always just used small water dishes (bottle caps and the like) on the small T's. An adult Rosehair should be fine with a larger dish, as long as it is fairly shallow.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #14
texasnewbie
One of my T's has a Pringle's tub lid, it wasn't happy with anything else I used.
Another has a large tub with Sphagnum moss in, which I mist generously and she will go and sit in it to 'drink'.
Personally I don't use the gel and prefer sponge but its a personal preference.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
caine_666
some 1 told me to use a rock in the water dish for mid size t's

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!