Paul Edwards Reptiles, in Charleston NC...anyone do business with him? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #31
Chameleon Company
Dennis,
Sorry, didn't mean to cause you to soil yourself. I have an earlier post in this very thread, back on Nov 23rd, which is consistent with everything I have ever said about this issue, to include what you have in your BOI catalogue:
Quote:
To each his own, to be certain. Paul has made a business decision that may turn-off some buyers, with the "PayPal mark-up", and which may be in violation of the PayPal TOS. I agree that the priorities behind it may be a little out of whack, and IMO it is best to be sure to have all of the various payment processing costs absorbed in the original asking price, just as you would all other costs of production. The bad-press here is a perfect example of what might be another example of being penny-wise and pound (dollar)-foolish. But I don't want to label him as cheap or marginalize him, as not too many years ago many gas companies charged two different prices, cash or credit. Seems as though all other aspects of his business are pretty good. Happy Thanksgiving !!
Surcharges are "rather improper" for reasons gone over too many times, and you can spin that to your heart's content. Dennis, when you give your well-thought-out opinions on the topic of a thread, they are usually pretty good. But when you spend your time trying to restate the opinions of others, lifted from context, or parsed, etc, instead of just stating your own on the subject and trying to make a good post ........ must be a slow day.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #32
Dennis Hultman
A few links regarding the PayPal discussion in the general business forum.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=71157
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=51266
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=33236
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=51592

“I think that you can elevate your game” Jim.
Comments like “cause you to soil yourself” and the last couple of posts haven’t been your best.
Harold not “Ken” made a valid point and was addressing you as much as anyone else.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #33
Chameleon Company
Dennis, it is a shame whenever a thread here deteriorates into cheap-shots

As you say:
Quote:
“I think that you can elevate your game” Jim.
Comments like “cause you to soil yourself” and the last couple of posts haven’t been your best.
You made a choice earlier in this thread to go personal, which is becoming a pattern. I had made a point in a post to identify that I knew Paul, although we are not close friends. He is a friend of a friend, and when they stayed at my place last month, it was only the third time in five years that we have met. I think it important that anyone who post here acknowledge any relationship they have with the individuals in question. I stated then "call me biased" to get it out of the way, in the hopes of keeping the discussion away from feeble-minded posts that just detract from the thread. No such luck. For all or your high-quality posts in the past, there are several in recent threads where you have chosen to attempt to undermine my integrity by going off-topic, on one occasion even making up a relationship that did not exist and incidents that never happened. When it was pointed out that you were wrong regarding your assumption of fact, you weren't of mettle enough to retract it. I don't like having to come behind some of the silliness here when someone has nothing better to do regarding the topic of the thread than to take the cheap shots in my direction. No one does. Its tedious at best. If you want to put up an opposing opinion to mine about surcharges, then by all means do. I can appreciate that its been discussed many-times-over in other parts of this site, but it reappears here all the time when convenient to use in a negative way. Rest assured, I don't think that I will ever make up events about you so as to discredit you or anyone else here. But if I do, and it is pointed out to me that I stated an assumption as fact which was anything but, I will retract them in the same forum where I said them, with an apology. Is it in you Dennis? So far ..... not.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:24 PM   #34
Nat_Untamed
Slow Shipper

Animal was as described, however it took over 30days of him having my money to get him shipped.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #35
tmlowe5704
I recently got 3 normal female ball pythons from Paul and everything went smooth. I first contacted him in early December about buying two of them, paid for them in the first week if I remember correctly. I did pay the paypal charges, only because it was only a few dollars and I was glad to do that to make sure I was getting my snakes from a good breeder and keeper. I would recommend him to anyone and plan on doing business with him in the future.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #36
kylemillsap
Paul edwards is a thief and a LIAR. I paid him in full for 2 incubators and a shelf system. Around $2600. He promised the stuff would be delivered in about 6 weeks. !2 weeks later he said he could send the incubators but not the rack. He said he had spent the money on personal items and was unable to finish the rack yet. I told him forget the rack , return my money. He said sorry I don't have it yet. I told him he could make payments.
When I called to tell him the incubator fluctuated by about 6 or 7 degrees he said he would make an additional heat source for me. Never did. When I called back again he said he did not want to rehash the problem and said he would have NO FURTHER contact with me. He still owes me $1100. By the way , his products SUCK.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #37
lauckehooper
I have purchased reptiles from Paul and they were of the highest quality. Ball pythons that even as adults have Excellent Color. I have sold him some of my bloods and the transaction went through very quickly. I would do business with him again.
As for the 3% thing on Paypal. I have charged it and I have paid it. None of us get charges taxes that go to the government, and you pay that..The 3% is a cost of business and if you have enough money in the snake to forgo the price. Fine IF NOT then charge it..3% what do you care if your getting a superior animal at a good cost even with the 3%.. Some of the finest looking animals in my collection cost me an extra 3%..

Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #38
kylemillsap
Paul is the lowest mofo I have ever met through reptiles. He is a bad businessman , not to mention a liar and thief. Read my badguy post on the same guy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!