BEWARE of Jeremy at KCCritter24@aol.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #1
BAREPAPABEAR
Angry BEWARE of Jeremy at KCCritter24@aol.com

Just wanted to give a little info out on this Kid. He contacted me wanting to trade me some High dollar Hondurans for several of my colubrids. I wrote back and forth with him several times and he sent me a lot of pics of the animals he claims to have. He sent me his phone number and his name Jeremy at a 816 area code.His e-mail is KCCritter24@aol.com. I called and we worked out the trade. He was supposed to ship on tuesday but says he was too busy. I called on wednesday and spoke with his father who said he was out looking for a job. He then tells me on thursday he has shipped for friday arrival. I asked him why he did this as that was too late in the week to ship. I got no answer. I called and asked him for the tracking number and he said he was stoned and didn't want to go get it for me. I called him all day on friday and he kept putting me off and never gave me a tracking number. To make this story short he never shipped!!! I have spoken to a friend to has let me know this guy has tried to pull this on several of his friends. This guy is trying to run some kind of messed up scam. I just wanted to let people know this guy is Bad news and will just waste your time.

Old 02-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Robert.... Had you done a search on this guy before you posted.... you would have seen why your post is redundant!
There must be a dozen or more posts on this SAME SUBJECT and SAME PERSON!.... Even his MOTHER said he should be in jail!!

....Neil

Old 02-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
Shaggy of BDD
Angry Jeremy back to his old tricks!!!

TO add some more info,

I was contacted by TERRY DUNHAM last week. Apparently, Jeremy was taking pics off of Terry's site and trying to pass them as his own. Luckily, his was dumb enough to try and sell a very rare animal owned by Terry that raised a red flag on the potential buyer. It later got back to Terry and the deal was sqaushed. But beware of this jerk, he a dead beat that is looking for a whippin' and if he keeps it up, he'll get it.

That's my 2 cents!

Regards,

Marvin "Shaggy" Martinez
Bronx Dragon Depot

Old 02-24-2003, 06:16 PM   #4
Steve House
He tried it with me.

Just a note to add- "Jeremy" also uses a new alias: "Jay". He tried his scam with me a few days ago. Beware.

-Steve House

Old 02-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
UpstateExotics1
And again....

Jeremy had also contacted us here, wanting to trade for our ratsnakes.....He went back and forth quite a while calling back and forth.

He sent pictures of the snakes, of babies from the snakes, etc. etc.

Needless to say, if it sounds too good to be true, it ALWAYS is...

Just another "funny guy" trying to get a laugh.

Old 02-25-2003, 05:52 PM   #6
sputnik
COPYRIGHT QUESTION for Marvin Martinez

To Marvin "Shaggy" Martinez,

In regards to the comments you made below, if that's true then wouldn't there be a possible case for copyright infringement?

"I was contacted by TERRY DUNHAM last week. Apparently, Jeremy was taking pics off of Terry's site and trying to pass them as his own. Luckily, his was dumb enough to try and sell a very rare animal owned by Terry that raised a red flag on the potential buyer. It later got back to Terry and the deal was sqaushed."

Copyright infringement cases can cost the "theif" many thousands of dollars!

Maybe Terry should have that option of if he can get the evidence?

Scott Collien

Old 02-25-2003, 06:20 PM   #7
Shaggy of BDD
Wink In Response to SCOTT

Scott,

When I had spoke with Terry, he had already spoken with the Florida division of the FBI and according to them, there wasn't enough to go on at the moment. Since no one had actually purchased or been swindled by Jeremy with these photos, there wasn't a crime YET!

It could very well be copyright infrindgement or not, I am not savy on the actual laws themselves. Terry did mention that he would try and add something to the post on his behalf, so maybe at that time he can consider another avenue with this KID!!!

At the moment it seems that Jeremy has been striking out with his phony pics, but perhaps he needs to be caught in the act for our friendly law enforcement to lend a hand.

Part of me wishes that his scam would be exposed and that FBI would kick down his doors. But that would mean that someone else would probably have to get ripped off as I did, and I don't wish that on anyone. We'll see what happens.

Regards,

Marvin "Shaggy" Martinez
Bronx Dragon Depot

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!