everyones opinion Please!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
retic88
everyones opinion Please!!!!

First read this tread...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=137008

Drove 3 1/2 hours to this kids house (16 years old or so) traded 2 adult female ball pythons for his burm. Now this burm had 35 eggs last year he said. soon as i seen it i told him thats a Male. No i swear its a female. now i took pics of the spurs to show everyone..

this is from his burm... now mine

Old 06-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
retic88
now here is pics of my female albino burms spurs and my male albinos spurs

Old 06-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
retic88
total 7 hours driving both ways

Old 06-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
retic88
Grrr it wont edit here are pics again

Old 06-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Lucille
If this is a 'deal gone wrong' thread it belongs on the BOI. What opinions are you seeking? You apparently were dealing with a minor. You drove out with your trades to get the snake and apparently you knew the moment you saw it that it was missexed (by a minor). Yet knowing this you went through with the deal anyway when you could have taken your trades and gone home and found a better deal elsewhere.. So what's your beef?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Tiger Lilly
Lucille's right (as usual); I'd never do business with a minor that young unless they proved to me they knew what they were talking about. And especially when you disputed the sex of the snake, why on earth would you go through with the deal?
Also, I thought that sexing by spur size was not a reliable way of sexing a snake?
I have a feeling you may regret the title to your thread...

Old 06-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
reticguy76
spur size and tail lengths (from the cloaca) can be indicators of sex of a python. i have a over 12 foot male retic that has absolutely zero spurs shown. i have seen many males with tiny or even no spurs seen, and on the other side i have females with good size spurs. whenever i buy or trade for a female snake, i always ask for pictures of the female either laying the eggs or at least coiled around them, before they get removed and put in the incubator. maybe i am just a little naive that way, but everybody (that i know of, including myself) takes pictures of the courting, laying and some of the hatchlings busting the egg

Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
hhmoore
Not everybody takes those pictures...at least not after a few years, or for every pairing. That said, using spur development/presence for gender identification can be deceiving, depending on a few variables...but, a casual look would consider that a male burm. Why waste time asking for opinions, though? Just probe it and find out.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
retic88
I have no beef at all. i felt bad for the snake so i did the trade anyways. i just wanted everyone opinion on it being a male or female. i been dealing with burms for a long time and never seen a female with big spurs like that. always small and hiding like my females. now i posted pics of my male and female just so everyone can see. the kid called me wanting me to drive back and he would give back my snakes but i said it was cool and he can just payme for my gas and thats it. im getting it probed tomorrow to make sure. if its a female then great but i never seen a female with big spurs like that and i have alot of burms.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Shadera
Hmm, I'm interested in hearing who the kid is given your location and the amount of time you drove. Have you checked to see if this person has any BOI threads about them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!