Stolen Snake (Please keep an eye out) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Stolen Snake (Please keep an eye out)

I do not know where this goes.
It was posted on kingsnake classifieds.
This guy needs our help in keeping an eye out.
I do have permission to post his stuff.
This snake is definately not your ordinary everyday snake.
It should be easy to keep an eye out

Webslave if this is the wrong forum for this..let me know where to put it so I can move it.

Quote:
Posted by Rick (Chicago Reptile House) (Contact Me!) on September 02, 2003 at 15:55:50
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-07-08

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

On Sunday, August 17th at 2 pm this snake was stolen from it's display at the show. It was in a display made by Doug Barr. Anyone using those displays make sure you have them locked. I am in no way saying anything bad about the displays, I just don't want anyone making the same stupid mistake. I love the displays and will continue to use them. (Locked of course)
I do not want to give out to much info on the snake cause i feel the dick who took it will probably read this. Thank God the cameras where rolling at the Ocean Center!, between that and the finger prints left on the plexiglass of the display this person (dare i say person) should be caught shortly.
Anyone with any info leading to the return of the snake will be CASH REWARDED! Please contact me at (219)322-1200 ssnake@sbcglobal.net
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
HerpVenue
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #3
HerpVenue
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2003, 11:00 PM   #4
SPJ
That is not your typical boa. Whoever stole it will have a hard time passing it off on anyone (unless they are crooks as well).

I'll keep an eye out on any ads for boas.

Hopefully they got the guy on video or his prints and the snake will be returned. Has the owner contacted any of the petstores in Florida? It may have tried to have been sold to one.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #5
Mickey_TLK
Ive had the pleasure of speaking with Rick many times, and he is a really good guy. Its a shame, but this is very typical of this industry. I hope that the animal is returned safely, and the person or persons resposible are punished to the fullest extent (and maybe not lawfull).

That animal is worth more then a "pet shop" animal by far and its highly unlikely the person who helped themselves to that snake would be dumb enough to try and sell it to a shop.

I imagine they will either keep and attempt to breed it, or have it passed to a crooked or uniformed breeder.

Either way its a real shame.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!