Making a new site...Questions - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #51
Gary O
Oh just for the record. I think Steph and Kelli are great people. really I have known Steph for years and Kelli also for a few years. Both are honest hard working people.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #52
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Hey, I have an issue with this. WWE rocks! SO THERE STEPH!

HA HA HA

Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #53
KelliH
Quote:
I bet if I researched I can find that same layout, created for print, BEFORE your web site was created. Does that mean your "copying"? No, it certainly doesn't.
Nope, because it would not be another leopard gecko breeders website.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #54
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Nope, because it would not be another leopard gecko breeders website.
Just give it up, Kelli...You're wrong.
You have no right to tell me or Mike that he can't have his Available page as he wants it. You want no one else to use tables and Century Gothic on their web site? Have fun trying to copyright it.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #55
KelliH
Quote:
You have no right to tell me or Mike that he can't have his Available page as he wants it. You want no one else to use tables and Century Gothic on their web site? Have fun trying to copyright it.
Stephanie... I never told you or Mike you couldn't have his available page as he wants it. You need to stop putting words in my mouth. What I said was that his available page is set up like mine with all the same words in exactly the same order.

Quote:
Just give it up, Kelli...You're wrong.
That's your opinion, and in my opinion your opinion is the wrong opinion.
Basically I disagree with you. So why don't we agree to disagree and move on, why waste any more of each others time on this when there are more important things to do. You accused me of theft, I think you were wrong. I accused you of theft and you think I am wrong. End of story, arrivederci!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #56
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
So why don't we agree to disagree and move on, why waste any more of each others time on this when there are more important things to do.
Agreed.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #57
crotalusadamanteus
Stef, no worries. I've been there before. I probably read more into it anyways. And I may take you up on that CSS offer. I want to try some things first though.

Appreciate the definition Alan, but you know those laws were created because of mass producing, and mass downloading. Billions of dollars, huge scale. I don't think there is a federal agency, or a court in this land that would actually prosecute for a single copy being burned. Even if reported with evidence.
And if we're gonna be technical about it...ever jay walked? Rolled through a stop sign? Littered? Shipped a snake through United Parcel Service? Except for the latter, they get overlooked by law enforcement on a daily basis. But just as illegal as any other crime. UPS just "discards as they see fit" if they find a snake. Not illegal, but against the rules.

I guess I am saying there are many shades of gray between the black and white. And I think that is what was overlooked here. It really was a harmless offer. Which was declined anyway, so no harm done.

Dennis. Thanks man. Appreciate the comps. And if it gets to me too much, I'll probably do the same. LOL Right now I'm finding the script stuff interesting, but a head ache at the same time. I'll post it when it's done.

Thanks again for the help!
Rick

Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #58
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Oh just for the record. I think Steph and Kelli are great people. really I have known Steph for years and Kelli also for a few years. Both are honest hard working people.
Actually, I couldn't agree more. I like and respect them both.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #59
KelliH
I need to post this real quick. I spoke with Mike Rekowski (the owner of the website that I posted a screenshot of), and I want to make it clear that he had no idea about the similarities between our available pages. I thought that I had mentioned it to him when he sent me the link to his website a few months back, but I was mistaken. Mike is a great guy and I feel bad for dragging him into this mess. I am an emotional person and sometimes prideful (I freely admit it) also, and I let my anger get in the way of logical thought. I apologize to Mike and anyone else I may have upset.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #60
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Mike is a great guy and I feel bad for dragging him into this mess.
Mike really is a great guy. He was very quick to learn the workings of Fireworks and Dreamweaver when I instructed him of their use over the phone. He's also very willing to share his knowledge (I had lots of Cichlid questions for him).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!