Mealworm Confusion - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #11
tanias16
Awesome find, thanks!

Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #12
tanias16
Aw man, they only sell supers and crickets. fuzz balls.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #13
tanias16
Oh nevermind, for those of you looking, the mealworms etc are listed under super worms.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #14
dragonflyreptiles
They have waxies too!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #15
Cat_72
I buy all of my bugs from reptilefood.com....have never had any problems whatsoever with the bugs, shipping, or customer service. I have ordered crickets, Zoophobas, and regular mealies....all with success from them and I think their prices are quite reasonable. They have other items as well.

I ordered some waxies off from ebay one time just to try it out, and I wasn't really thrilled with them.....the Dragons love them (the ones that arrived alive) but the packaging and delivery left a lot to be desired....

Old 11-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #16
Mari
I use www.nyworms.com when I buy in large quantities, And I am very pleased with both their customer service and their mealworms...they ship them in an easy to deal with bag and it is shipped on time etc.

Only had a problem with them once, and they immediately shipped out a new order, no questions asked. Turns out the post office had messed up, and had failed to ship my order to my door on time...I ended up with 2000 mealies.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 AM   #17
princesskain
Tania,

The "Sunshine Giants" are just a little bigger than the Petco "Giant Mealworms". Very healthy too - Sunshine keep their mealworms on large shallow trays with no bedding, just vegetables to eat. When you order them, they come straight off the feeding tray and into the container/bag for you. I've used them for a long time now, and pick up my orders from their farm. I highly recommend them (www.SunshineMealworms.com)

Regards,
Hailey

Old 11-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #18
GeckoStud
I get my mealworms from www.flukerfarms.com and have only ever had one shipping problem, but they resent my order without any questions for free. Great costumer service. I only buy small quantities of about 250 large in a can seeing as i only have three geckos to feed. So i can't say much for bulk, but hey check em out you may be pleased.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #19
tanias16
Thanks for all the responses. My only concern about the sunshine giants is that they appear to be similar to giant mealworms in that they have been treated with hormones. Does anyone else use them? What is the consensus on using these worms?

Old 11-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #20
Shelley1063
The ones on Sunshines site are the same as any other "Giant" mealworm, fed chemicals to keep them from morphing into beetles, therefore growing much larger. According to all the research I've done on these in the past, there is no hard scientific proof as to any adverse affect they might have on reptiles or birds. I have read many times that more testing needs to be done to find out. I've even seen sites that sell them specify that they are recommended as fish bait and not a feeder for reptiles or birds. After everything I've read on them I wouldn't chance feeding them to my Leos. If you want a large feeder worm, Superworms are great. They are better for your Leo than mealworms, easier to take care of and live for months. Like others have said you can get them in various sizes, my hatchlings eat 1/2" supers, my juvies eat the 1"+ and my adults easily tackle the large ones upto 2" or so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!