Airborne Express mess - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #61
CheriS
We shipped off a bearded dragon Wednesday with Airborne, we did not put her into the box until we were at the counter and the employees including the manager saw her.

I called and talked to them the next day also, he had talked to his home office, explained the packing that he saw, the heat packs and basic comfort that the lizard travels with. He said they told him it was his discretion with harmless reptiles, they are trying to avoid abuse of animals and threats to employees. He stated he will continue to accept our shipments, we also mark them plainly live harmless reptile, P. vitticeps.

I really do not want to change from Airbone, we had problems with other carriers and beat up packages and I know this office makes sure our shipments go out last in the top of the shipping bins...... I think with how many perfer other companies or offices, it has a lot to do with the knowledge the people at the drop off office have of the shipper.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #62
THEO REPTILEMAN
I would be very happy to do a petition.
I wish one of us would start a reptile shipping company!(Joke)
Acualtly I really do but you would have to have a lot of money two start one.
I have not known how either and yesterday somebody told me it was legal through Airborne.I WISH

well if any body find a good company that ships reptiles affordable and legally PLEASE tell me.

THANKS THEODORE REPTILE MAN

Old 03-04-2004, 12:26 AM   #63
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally posted by THEO REPTILEMAN
well if any body find a good company that ships reptiles affordable and legally PLEASE tell me.
You might want to look at this thread. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=33533

FedEx is moving in the direction of accepting our reptile shipments openly.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:59 PM   #64
Markm0723
I received an albino het boa via Airborne Express two days ago. First, they delivered the package to the wrong address (the address was correct on the box). It was left on the front porch. Fortunately I checked the tracking on the package about 15 minutes after the supposed delivery. After calling them, and raising "Heck", the package was finally tracked down and delivered about 2 hrs. later. The boa was fine by the way. About two hours later I received a phone call from their Tampa office, informing me that shipping snakes with them was prohibited. I informed him that I received the package and was not the shipper, at which point he told me to make sure it "Never Happens Again".

Mark

Old 04-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #65
Brandon_c
Stick with it folks

Things will change with regard to shipping harmless reptiles. I promise. We just have to be professional and persistent.

If you haven't already done so, sign Christian Reynolds (I believe that's his name) shipping petition at gopetition.com. The exact link is posted in various forums here.

With the growth of herpetoculture, both in size and professionalism, carrier companies will have no choice but to recognize us as a valuable source of business.

It will take time ... but it will happen.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!