Info Eddie Markward - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #71
jcoylesr76
Not to beat a dead horse on the Mite issue, The screenie showed Eddie admitting he had the Mites prior, but when he started posting stuff about the situation he tried to claim otherwise, and also claim the conditions of the animals were pretty much in that shape when he received it, (that screenie may have been posted?, if not i will see if i can find it) trying to blame the OP for the poor care. that is just dirt bag low.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #72
Black Adder
Maybe I am missing something but the ONLY way a tstat malfunction on the entire room could wipe out 118 animals total is if it was left unchecked for days!
I had a similar malfunction overnight last winter in my room ( so yes I know this can happen!) and it got quite hot, however as soon as I entered in the early am I obviously took care of it with the net result that I lost not one single animal out of 77 at the time.
I can only assume that regular checks were NOT done in the room where they were all housed, I am sorry but with that many animals they really would need checking up on at least three times a day
I just dont get it, something does NOT add up here........

Old 09-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #73
nharrison
One point Eddie said you had told him your animals had mites and they you sent NIX to help treat them. Is that true?

Old 09-21-2015, 01:12 PM   #74
calmolly1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Maybe I am missing something but the ONLY way a tstat malfunction on the entire room could wipe out 118 animals total is if it was left unchecked for days!
I had a similar malfunction overnight last winter in my room ( so yes I know this can happen!) and it got quite hot, however as soon as I entered in the early am I obviously took care of it with the net result that I lost not one single animal out of 77 at the time.
I can only assume that regular checks were NOT done in the room where they were all housed, I am sorry but with that many animals they really would need checking up on at least three times a day
I just dont get it, something does NOT add up here........
I use ambient heat as well. I had a similiar issue with a oil filled heater that went nuts and started overheating the room. I say started, because I caught it within a couple of hours. As the poster quoted above says. Check your animals!! Use a heat gun, a room thermometer and your own senses to check a couple of times a day!! If you can't do this then maybe reconsider your choice to care for these animals. I have always had respect for Eddie, have bought animals from him and followed his advice many times. Saying that I am appalled. I am using this as a learning experience on how not to get overwhelmed and continue to monitor my animals like crazy.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #75
nickolasanastasiou
The condition of the animals and the losses are extremely sad. Tragic, really, and I have a very unpleasant feeling seeing their condition in the photos. I am relieved the survivors are now in the hands of caring and giving people.

My impression is that Eddie has entered some sort of anxiety-inaction cycle or some manner of breakdown characterized by anxiety that promotes inaction. As some may have mentioned, this can lead to being/feeling overwhelmed and a kind of looped "paralysis" of sorts. Just my impression. Not an excuse. The responsibility remains. More of a potential explanation for how this can occur.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #76
nickolasanastasiou
The condition of the animals and the losses are extremely sad. Tragic, really, and I have a very unpleasant feeling seeing their condition in the photos. I am relieved the survivors are now in the hands of caring and giving people.

My impression is that Eddie has entered some sort of anxiety-inaction cycle or some manner of breakdown characterized by anxiety that promotes inaction. As some may have mentioned, this can lead to being/feeling overwhelmed and a kind of looped "paralysis" of sorts. Just my impression. Not an excuse. The responsibility remains. More of a potential explanation for how this can occur.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #77
nickolasanastasiou
Sorry for the double post.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #78
SPJ
Does anyone know if the failure occurred when Eddie was on his recent vacation? I know he had posted that he had cut some eggs before leaving for a week. If the failure did happen during that time, it may explain why he didn't know the room heated up to unsafe levels.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #79
saucyross
Wow.. This is terrible. Sorry this happened to you. Positive vibes towards justice being served sent your way.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Old 09-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #80
Pasodama
UOTE=nickolasanastasiou;1852724]My impression is that Eddie has entered some sort of anxiety-inaction cycle or some manner of breakdown characterized by anxiety that promotes inaction. As some may have mentioned, this can lead to being/feeling overwhelmed and a kind of looped "paralysis" of sorts. Just my impression. Not an excuse. The responsibility remains. More of a potential explanation for how this can occur.[/quote]

It is a real condition and it is plausible that Eddie suffered this.
It is a better reason than outright, purposeful, neglect.
However, as you stated, the responsibility remains. The condition, of the animals, occurred while in his possession/care and, obviously, not enough was done.

Saddens me to see the pics, that have been posted, etc.
Really feel for the snakes.
Also, wishing the best, for the owners and any others who may be helping, during the ordeal of getting these snakes into good condition & health.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!