Reptster Shipping - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #61
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
What do you mean Harald? Is it making the weight and size larger?

BTW, I am in the process of setting up my account with them, everything sounds great so far. And David seems to be a nice guy and seems to be on top of things.
It changes it to dimensional weight and I noticed it upped the size on the 12 inch box I used.
It was 12x9 but it upped it to 12x10 for some reason.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #62
Mooing Tricycle
I wonder. Does it matter when you get the box, and when you use it? Can you order some boxes, and keep them for a later date?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #63
juggalo
I ordered extra last month and David said it was fine as long as when I shipped I used Reptster to do it.I had no problem with that.They ended up not being extra though ended up needing to order more lmao.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #64
SerpenXotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
It changes it to dimensional weight and I noticed it upped the size on the 12 inch box I used.
It was 12x9 but it upped it to 12x10 for some reason.
Our fedex account here at work adds dimension to the box when you put in for a quote here if you put in a 12 x 9 box it usually changes it to a 12x12 it may have spomething to do with the "fed ex boxes"

Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #65
hhmoore
It added to all the dimensions of my box (LxWxH), and increased the weight from 2 to 5 lbs. When I tried to correct it, it erased all the information & I had to start over.
It would only have saved me a couple of bucks, and I probably would have just used my FedEx account - just for ease of use & familiarity - but, for some reason, they weren't applying my (meager) 10% discount. I emailed my rep, and have gotten no response - for all I know, she is long gone...I haven't had any reason to interact with her in quite some time.

I also ended up having to call David, since the option to have the package held for pickup wasn't visible (for anyone interested, type HOLD AT FEDEX in the spot for the recipient's first name, and the person's name in the spot for the last name).

Another thing I noticed is that there is no signature option...and I almost always selected direct signature required.

*one other thing about the box size. When I initially checked prices, I did it for a smaller box a still pending shipment. The order was going to be changing, so I set things up for a slightly larger box - but one that ships for the same cost with FedEx (or at least it did as recently as 2 months ago). I suspect it was because the system bumped the box size up, but the way that shipment is currently set up, I am being charged more than for the original. It is still slightly less than an undiscounted FedEx rate, but minimally more than if I shipped directly through FedEx with my normal discount (since that seems to have been suspended, it doesn't matter at this particular moment, lol).

<wondering> Since the system automatically increases box size & weight to charge us, then that information is corrected at some point along the line by FedEx, are we credited/refunded the difference (when there is one)?

Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #66
DavidYoung
The reason it ups the box size is because a standard superior box is 7.25x7.25x6.25 or 12.25.9.25.6.25 etc. which FedEx rounds up to the nearest inch and makes a dimensional weight of 3lbs, 5lbs and 8lbs respectively. We kicked around making even sized boxes but we decided to stick with what the community is used to. If you put in 12x9x6 and 2 lbs into your fedex account the price will come up different however when you ship the box FedEx's computers will measure the box and make it 13x10x7 and charge you the dimensional weight, you will notice the difference if you look at your shipped cost after final destination scan versus your rate quote. We could have even size boxes made still but the community needs to be open to it.

As far as signature required it is in the works along with hold at and business name for the receiver.

Thanks,
David

Old 07-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #67
hhmoore
Thanks for the response, David. I don't use Superior Enterprise boxes, so all I know is that they are visually slightly different sizes than mine.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #68
DavidYoung
It should not be rounding on any sizes other than superiors. I will look into it. We have yet to have a box be cheaper than quote however all have been more expensive which comes out of our pocket. As of next week you will be refunded if its cheaper (yet to happen) and charged if it is more. But all at a 20% discount.

Thanks,
David

Old 07-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #69
DJSlurp1200
I just had some Leopard Gecko's come to me shipped thru Reptster!

Everything arrived perfectly and was on time a half hour before 10:30am Not to mention it even saved us $5.00 for just 3 leo's!

Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #70
Otter_23
Sent my first package today so we will see tomorrow how it went. Had some issues but they were my fault and David did a great job of figuring it out and taking care of it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster