Reptster Shipping - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #71
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung
It should not be rounding on any sizes other than superiors. I will look into it. We have yet to have a box be cheaper than quote however all have been more expensive which comes out of our pocket. As of next week you will be refunded if its cheaper (yet to happen) and charged if it is more. But all at a 20% discount.

Thanks,
David
You will now have your first one.
I shipped yesterday with a 7 x 6 x 6 box. Reptster changed the dimensions to 8 inches and the weight to 3 pounds. I couldn't get it to the correct weight. Fed Ex chaged it back to 2 lbs like it should be so Repster charged me for 3 lbs when in fact Fed Ex shows 2 lbs.

Quote:
Destination
POLSON, MT

Service type
Priority Overnight

Weight
2.0 lbs.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #72
njdevils783
Repster is a dream come true. Shipped my first package this week with no problems whatsoever and saved a nice chunk of change. You guys are awesome.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #73
Golden Gate Geckos
I shipped my first shipment through Reptster, and it went flawlessly... and I saved about $20. I highly recommend using them!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #74
FunkyRes
I just wanted to say - I need to ship a package soon to the East Coast and it was going to cost me just over $70 to do it. With repster, it looks like just under $50 - and they provide the box.

For people who deal with high value herps, a savings of $20 may not seem much. But if the herps you enjoy happen to be lower market value - and shipping is already more than the herp goes for at shows - that $20 savings is huge.

I'm waiting for my first set of boxes to arrive.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #75
hhmoore
I've used Reptster a few times now, and am basically pleased with the service...although I find that I have to go to FedEx.com to get a rate, then guesstimate the Repster cost because Reptster requires a lot more info to calculate a price.
David, if you are still checking in, is there a way to make the Estimate Rates section simpler? Most of the time, when people are inquiring about animals & shipping costs, all we have to work with is a zipcode. The full name, address, phone number - all of which are currently required to get a quote - aren't received until a transaction is completed.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #76
SIRS
If i'm not mistaken i believe David is working on it,
were you only need to use a zip code for a quote

Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #77
mattciupak
im new to shipping so sorry for the newbie questions
how do you save money? when you sell an animal, you have the price of the animal, and then the shipping price. how do YOU save money using repster when the buyer covers the shipping cost, that you later use on?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #78
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattciupak
im new to shipping so sorry for the newbie questions
how do you save money? when you sell an animal, you have the price of the animal, and then the shipping price. how do YOU save money using repster when the buyer covers the shipping cost, that you later use on?
Good point. I was thinking the same thing.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #79
Gary O
Well it will help with internet sales as it saves money for the customer. In turn helping you sell an animal.

Then there are some people that have a blanket shipping price. They could be ones that save money.

Guys I see this as a positive thing for the herp community and shipping. A person has taken steps to help everyone. He has gotten shipping costs lowered and FREE shipping supplies. That is another way you save money.

Really this is a great thing that should be given a chance.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #80
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
Really this is a great thing that should be given a chance.
Anyone's free to try it out...But I'm gonna pass. I see issues that could arise considering their is no true certification process (and hasn't it already been pointed out that they still need to put scientific AND common name for the Lacey Act and currently they aren't doing it?). 1-2 years down the road if it's still up and running I'll give it a go for sure...But I'm not one to jump on something new with something as important (to me) as shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster