ship your reptiles website - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove View Post
Congrats on a job well done - hope it works out great!

Will your service eventually offer deeper discounts if somebody ships more volume, above some set amount? Or will the discount be the same whether a shipper sends one box a month, or 50 boxes?

I have never shipped via UPS. I will have to look into any advantages as far as drop places, etc. It sounds like, unlike Fedex, residential delivery will be allowed for live animals? And we would not need our own UPS account as we would ship under yours?
You are correct Kathy, there is no "business to business" shipping restriction with our UPS service, and anyone shipping through our family of sites is essentially shipping under our All Pro Shipping (APS) account.

And you are on our wish list for Business clients : )

There is another non-public UPS interface for our business clients that has custom rates for those that are bringing an even larger shipping volume to the table. It includes custom billing analysis and super sweet manipulation that provides a greater level of interaction and use than current UPS and FedEx bills offer.

I am overseeing the Peer to Peer (P2P) sites, Chad Brown is handling the Business Client Services, I will have him contact you : )

Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #32
robyn@Pro Exotics
We are working out the exact details with Wayne, but APS will also have an endcap booth at this year's Daytona Reptile Expo, and we will be offering shipping of your purchases, live reptiles or dry goods, right to your home or business, direct from the show, for either show attendees (hobbyists) or exhibitors (businesses).

You can buy a snake at the show and ship it home, as opposed to driving it home, smuggling it home, or even passing on a purchase altogether because you have no way to GET IT home. Or for the vendors that show up with 13 boxes of reptiles, and sell 10 of those boxes, you can ship home the other three, as opposed to getting up at dawn on Monday to hustle it to Delta or the UPS counter.

And it will be less expensive.

The scope just grows and grows : )

Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #33
KathyLove
Now THAT is a much needed service for the show! Isn't there already a vet there who does health certs if needed?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #34
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
I am NOT ADVOCATING a phone campaign against your driver, but if it is plain ignorance, or poor performance, you do NOT have to tolerate that as a "cost of doing business".
I very, very rarely receive anything via UPS which is why I've never bothered to complain (plus they just deliver to the neighbors - should have seen their expression when they gave me my miss-delivered 5k cricket order!). Once this program is launched and if I make purchases that uses it, I will be certain to call into UPS with any problems.

Will you be requiring that shippers prove they can ship reptiles properly like with our FedEx Certifications? Will you be providing detailed information (including Lacey Act labeling requirements) on how to appropriately ship live harmless reptiles?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #35
robyn@Pro Exotics
We provide the packaging and text and video FAQs on how to properly package and ship your reptiles, but there is no certification process. You must also agree to our Terms and Conditions, along with the standard UPS T&C, to use the site.

As for customer service, you would be doing business through All Pro Shipping (more specifically ShipYourReptiles.com) so your customer service needs actually go through US, not through UPS. We will be ready to help by email or a live phone call.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #36
ophidile
Very interesting! The difference between $35 and $50 may only be $15... but it sure seems a lot bigger :P
Will insurance for packages be an option?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #37
Cat_72
Quote:
We provide the packaging and text and video FAQs on how to properly package and ship your reptiles, but there is no certification process. You must also agree to our Terms and Conditions, along with the standard UPS T&C, to use the site.
If you provide the packaging, does this mean that we will no longer be able to use the boxes from other companies (Superior) that we may already have on hand?

And please tell me that the drivers and general staff are somehow going to be educated on the fact that we CAN ship live reptiles through them now! I understand that with such a large organization, there will always be those that will have all of the wrong answers, but since it has been prohibited for so long, I'm hoping that there won't be a bunch of snags due to UPS staff being uneducated or ignorant.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #38
MohrSnakes
Quote:
We are working out the exact details with Wayne, but APS will also have an endcap booth at this year's Daytona Reptile Expo, and we will be offering shipping of your purchases, live reptiles or dry goods, right to your home or business, direct from the show, for either show attendees (hobbyists) or exhibitors (businesses).
Now THAT will be a nice addition. Just curious, though, what kind of guarantee will be in place for Daytona shipping or other live future shipping for that matter. FedEx does not guarantee live arrival....will there be a difference with UPS? I know this is a hard guarantee to put in place but what kind of UPS guarantees will be offered?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
robyn@Pro Exotics
We offer packaging for purchase on our site, drop shipped from Superior. You can buy boxes and supplies in bulk, or one-off individual shipping kits of different sizes that contain everything you need to get your reptile packed. You can also use your own insulated box if you choose.

As always, UPS does NOT guarantee live arrival, they do not guarantee the reptiles themselves, only the cost of shipping. With dry goods shipments, as always, you can insure for full value against loss or damage.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #40
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post

And please tell me that the drivers and general staff are somehow going to be educated on the fact that we CAN ship live reptiles through them now! I understand that with such a large organization, there will always be those that will have all of the wrong answers, but since it has been prohibited for so long, I'm hoping that there won't be a bunch of snags due to UPS staff being uneducated or ignorant.
This is a very good point Cathy, I know to this day some FedEx employees still don't know of the certification of shipping harmless reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!