SHIPPING: What you need to know! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
jeffwyatt81
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyone else have trouble getting a name and number for their represenitive? I have been on the phone with multiple people @ fedex today and no one seems to have a clue what I am talking about and say there are no represenitives they can give me a name and number for. This is a real pain!

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
I have a couple questions.

1. When I ship my test package, do I need to include a heat or cold pack even though there will be no animal in the package or if it's in a temp range that requires neither?

2. Should/can I punch air holes in the package? In cooler weather I don't make air holes but if it's warmer(80+) I usually add aabout 4 depending on box size.

Thanks
If you put the babies in deli cups, include deli cups - secured the way they would be when you ship. If you sometimes bag them, or use other containers, send those, too.
Heat or cold packs can be included (no need to activate them)
If you routinely use holes, do so with the test package.
In other words, send the package exactly as it would be when you ship. You can have the box + contents returned, so you won't be out any supplies.

Quote:
Anyone else have trouble getting a name and number for their represenitive? I have been on the phone with multiple people @ fedex today and no one seems to have a clue what I am talking about and say there are no represenitives they can give me a name and number for. This is a real pain!
Ask to speak with an account services supervisor - don't be surprised when they ask what the call is about, and take your phone number for a return call.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
gsrept
ya there a real pain in the a#$

Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #14
jeffwyatt81
Ok, Ill go for round 2 tomorrow. Thanks for all the help

Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
chamgirl99471
They will take your number and will return your call! I called 1-800-633-7019 gave them all the info they needed and told them I was trying to get a waiver to ship reptiles and my representative returned my call the next day as well as called a couple of days later to make sure that I received the info I needed through E-mail and to see if I had any questions for him! I am sending my test package off today and he said it should only take a couple of days to get the package inspected and the waiver returned so my representative is Very Helpful and always available to me!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkznza View Post
Do you have to test every one of your box sizes or is one sufficient? I use 5 different boxes depending on the orders size.
According to FedEx, each box size/type that you will be using should be tested.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #17
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
According to FedEx, each box size/type that you will be using should be tested.
I've never done that. I was never told by my rep that was required for Live Animal Shipping. It's not listed on your certification what box sizes you're allowed to ship with and they're not going to stop a shipment because you use different sizes boxes. They're testing to make sure you know and understand how to properly ship Live Reptiles & Amphibians, not the quality of the manufactured boxes (Superior, if you use those boxes, went through a testing process...That's what the stamp on the bottom is for).

Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
chamgirl99471
I aksed my rep the same question about what size box I would need for testing and he said it really didn't matter.. they are just checking to make sure that you know how to properly package and ship the reptile!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #19
Shadera
For the testing, it doesn't matter. True.

My rep told me that the testing department asks that we send in a box of each type we'll be using to ship.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #20
WingedWolf
It will probably be fine if you just send one box, it won't specify on the waiver.

Most of us are hearing that you only need to send one, so my guess is that your rep is just misinformed.

Either that, or they meant completely different boxes (like ones from different manufacturers).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex, shipping, ups