Albino Cali King for adoption in MASS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
facedownthedemons
Albino Cali King for adoption in MASS

My friend has an adult albino california king believed to be a male. He is handleable until you try to feed him; he's been refusing to eat (f/t medium and large rats) but becomes prolongly agitated and strike happy. Full details when requested in PM.

He is still a healthy weight. To go to a good home that has more time to spend working with him. Small adoption fee, or free if the person has excellent references. Pick up in central Massachusetts

Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Morelia4life
Ummm I don't know if I am reading this correctly or not, but you said it has been refusing to eat... maybe because your friend is trying to feed a kingsnake medium and large rats?? Now, I am no Colubrid expert, but I don't think a Kingsnake can eat large rats... I have had Eastern Kings before and they were good with adult mice and jumbo mice. Do me a favor and the snake a favor and go get the snake from your friend. Just my .02cents.

I hope you made a typo and meant to say mice. Not trying to start any trouble, just looking out for the health of the snake. I would pick it up in a heartbeat if I was closer.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
northeastreptilebreeders
Deffinately shouldn't be eating rats, if he is they should be crawlers

Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
facedownthedemons
I apologize what I meant to say was f/t small and medium but I did mean rats.

He's a rather large specimen. The previous owner told her the cali king wouldn't take less than a small rat and that he was able to take medium. My friend and I were obviously skeptical especially on the medium...so she feed small (as directed) for a couple months with no issues.

I've suggested trying mice but the previous owner had told her the snake doesn't touch them. But who knows how valid that information is. The problem could be as simple as offering mice instead. However the point is that in my friend's situation she can't have an unpredictable snake. So I am helping look for a more suitable home.

As for the first reply; I truly appreciate the advice but please consider that I posted here to help re-home the snake. My friend and I have already shown humility by doing that, so I just would've appreciated your help more if it didn't come off in what felt like a very condescending tone.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
thesnakelady
PM sent.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
foez123
id gladly take it would you mind shipping to new york one day shipping?

Old 07-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #7
snakeman127
ive had problems like this in the passed, try and feed the snake medium mice and give him a little time with the mouse. if that doesnt work try split head feeding(cut a slit on the top of the mouses head exposing brain matter) and slowly give it to him, put it by his head ad when he pick up the sent he'll sorta put his nose to it. they'll usually take it then. and from there you can work with him back to live. good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
cali, california, king, snake