please help..ne 1 know hillary harms or rob snyder.in bowling green oh? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:13 PM   #21
Wilomn
Mike, first off, on your keyboard, lefthand side about 4 maybe 5 keys down should be one that says CAPS LOCK. Hit it.

Now when you type it should all be in lower case. It's MUCH easier to read. Just hit the shift key when you want to capitolize something.

Now then, could you post a copy of your TOS? That would be helpful.

Most folks who threaten with lawyers are blowing smoke up your skirt. It's a last resort as a rule before a bad guy bows out of the argument they started. It happens all the time.

It's really fishy that ONLY ONE snake disappeared. It seems much more likely that someone opened the cup and had a flying snake that she couldn't catch. I have that happen on more than one occasion. Pop that top and WHAM, out comes that baby at about 100 miles an hour.

Let this one go. Write it off as a bad experience. Everyone who sell online has them, this was one of yours. Now you have a good story to tell at the shows you'll be going to. An "I can beat that" type of story. We ALL have them.

Don't worry about ks, even if she did complain they won't do anything.

Cool out, hit the caps lock key, relax and move on.

Wes Pollock

Old 05-13-2004, 02:15 PM   #22
Wilomn
Re: FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik
My guess is her boyfriend lost it when he opened the containers and wants to pass blame onto you instead of being man enough to own up to it.

I see they still cannot post on here, but have TIME to email you!

THAT says a lot!
Overlapping posts.

Relax.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:20 PM   #23
sputnik
boyfriend

Quote:
It's really fishy that ONLY ONE snake disappeared. It seems much more likely that someone opened the cup and had a flying snake that she couldn't catch
Wes, Her boyfriend opened the box. As I understand it, the transaction was between Mike and Her, not him.

Her boyfriend is the one who started the whole... you need to send us money crap. She just chimed in when she got home!

My guess is that he lost it when he openeded the delli cup!

Old 05-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #24
Wilomn
Sorry I missed the boyfriend part completely.

Wonder if he's one of those guys who NEVER does anything wrong and even when he DOES it's someone elses fault. You know, big snake handling, macho type of guy. Knows everything about anything.

Now it makes perfect sense. How COULD he admit that HE let a little bitty snake get away from him? It's simply IMPOSSIBLE.

Mike, write this one off and let it go.

Wes Pollock

Old 05-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #25
coolhl7
The point is

That these people sent Mike a photo of what the box allegedly looked like when UPS delivered it.....we all know UPS will NOT accept a box that is in THAT condition....Obviously the damage was done AFTER MIke gave it to UPS....at this point, providing they are NOT lying about the condition of the box, their COMPLAINT should be with UPS and NOT Mike....as far as the lawyer threat, these things at MOST end up in small claims court or on some TV court show....an out of state lawyer can write all the letters he wants, it means nothing IMHO.
Norm Friedman

Old 05-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #26
Stardust
When ever I receive boxes from UPS that has been damaged in anyway, the driver usually points it out to me first and gives me the choice of accepting it or not. He or she also notes the damage done on his paper that goes back to UPS.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:50 AM   #27
serpentboy78
Thumbs up man i cant thank you all enuff......

I am really overwhelmed at all the good feedback i have gotten... i'll make this one short and sweet.... thank you all so much..... you dont even know what all the feedback means to me..... Norm your right.... i'd love to end up on judge Judy or something.....LOL........ one more thank you to all that have posted.......

"KARMAS GOT A WAY OF COMING BACK AND RETURNING".........

PE@CE 2 ALL...... MIKE CLARK.. AKA SERPENTBOY78......

Old 05-14-2004, 06:33 AM   #28
Lucille
There is an easy way to resolve this. UPS uses high quality digital scales. Have her put the other snakes back in the deli cups and go to the nearest UPS and have them weigh. If there is weight missing (a snake's worth) it will show, as the cost of sending the package is based on the weight.
If she is stupid or greedy and somehow figures out what is happening, she may remove packing to create a weight imbalance, I doubt she would correctly calculate and remove one snake's worth.

Old 05-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #29
Sasheena
Quote:
When ever I receive boxes from UPS that has been damaged in anyway, the driver usually points it out to me first and gives me the choice of accepting it or not. He or she also notes the damage done on his paper that goes back to UPS.
The problem is that not all UPS drivers are the same. I worked for a year as a shipping clerk, in fact it was the UPS man who got me the job in the first place. We had a very VERY good relationship with the UPS man, he was always on our side, so it seemed. But we HATED it when he went on vacation, because we never knew what kind of UPS guy we would get. We could set our watches by the regular guy, but had to guess about the other one. Whenever packages went missing, it was when it wasn't our normal guy picking them up. It's easy to say what YOUR UPS guy does, but you just can't say that all UPS guys are like that. AS far as high quality digital scales, that will depend on the size of the snake... if we're talking about a very young snake, I would consider wear and tear on the packaging to make that sort of measurement unreliable.

It will be nice when the two threads are combined, if possible. It sounds to me like there are good intentions on both sides, but some hot heads as well.

Also someone else said that once the snake is lost, (in case it did escape the deli cup and escape through a miniscule hole) it is not the shippers fault, but is instead the fault of the shipping company... in a perfect world it would be their fault, but they don't guarantee anything live, and I doubt they would cover the contents of a package that voluntarily left the package! Usually when they ship shoes, or books, or computer parts, they do not leave the package on their own steam, and I can see where they would not accept liability. I haven't shipped many snakes, but if i ship an animal, and the box but not the animal arrives, I would consider that I am to blame.

I think it's interesting that the very things I would say ring out "NOT a SCAM" to me ring out "SCAM" to other people. Some say that because they claim it's only one, it's a scam. I say that if they only claim it's one snake, perhaps that is an indicator that they are not trying to milk the seller for all he's worth.

Anyway, I have no strong opinions on this thread, except of course for my opinion of ALL CAPS... which results in skipping that portion of the message, so I might not have gotten all the picture necessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!