Special needs albino boa. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
HolyHerb
Special needs albino boa.

I had left my collection with my ex roommate. When I went to pick them up they were everywhere. Feeder rats out of they're tubs. Boas intermingled from juvies to full on breeders. Needless to say I was pissed. Two of my younger boas died due to stress(a 2012 snow and 2011 jungle het albino both females) all happend in the span of two months. I was moving back to central ca from the Bay Area. He has snakes also so I thought he would take better care of them(his were mixed with in with mine in that cluster).

Fast forward to now my sunglow gives birth to a group of babies from an unknown father. They had birth defects due to poor handling. Out of 17 only 9 lived. One has a neck kink and one bad eye that moves around but I'm not sure of how good it works. It's obvious she will probably need assisted feeding to survive and I'm hoping there is a knowledgable person who might want to take him/her haven't sexed it. I'm looking for a local person but might be willing to ship but I don't have the supplies ATM. Please let me know!
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
HolyHerb
I will ask a few questions just to ensure a good home.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
KORBIN5895
You really need to just euthanize it.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
HolyHerb
I REALLY don't want to, but if that is really the only option then Ill have to.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
KORBIN5895
Assist feeding it for life will probably be really stressful.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
HolyHerb
I left a pinky mouse in his tub and he ate it by him/herself!!!!! I will try again in a week to make sure it was not a fluke. I'm very happy though in the meantime!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #7
KORBIN5895
Well I truly wish you the best.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
HolyHerb
Thank you very much. I do truly understand you are just stating what's best for the animal so that it won't suffer and I truly appreciate that.

Also I found a person through the local reptile club. Next week ill go make the delivery(after the next feeding) I'm quite pleased with how everything is turning out.

Once again korbin5895 thanks for the concern!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #9
Bronx Boa
Can you provide us with an update on these boas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
KnM-Reptiles
how is he/she doing now?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!