Info Eddie Markward - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #151
tlmoon
I don't have anything to add to the discussion, but does Eddie still have any snakes in his care? I'm very worried there could be snakes on the verge of dying still there. It sounds like the recovered snakes were extremely dehydrated and starving. If the others haven't been rescued, this sounds like an animal neglect case. I hope those snakes are now receiving care....Eddie could you address this? Sorry if this was already said and I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2015, 04:07 AM   #152
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I don't have anything to add to the discussion, but does Eddie still have any snakes in his care? I'm very worried there could be snakes on the verge of dying still there. It sounds like the recovered snakes were extremely dehydrated and starving. If the others haven't been rescued, this sounds like an animal neglect case. I hope those snakes are now receiving care....Eddie could you address this? Sorry if this was already said and I missed it.

Eddie still has his own animals. There hasn't been any evidence presented as to what condition they are in.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #153
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
Eddie still has his own animals. There hasn't been any evidence presented as to what condition they are in.
This is true. There is no evidence.
However, earlier in this thread, Charlene stated the following (quote below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene.dourty View Post
I didn't go through all his tubs. From what I saw of his animals which were only the ones that were at the front of the tubs, they looked to be in similar condition to mine.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #154
GatorGirl23214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
And I have already stated once that I find it incredulous that 118 animals could die in just ONE night due to this tstat malfunction....
Have had it happen myself overnight, caught it early am and lost not one single animal
Sorry but I just do not believe it could have been just one nights occurence
However NONE of that is going to help anybody right now so maybe we need to stop labouring the subject.....
Eddie has admitted he was in the wrong
This now needs to move along
I had a similar issue. We left at 8am did not return until 8pm 2 racks were affected by high temps. 1 rack had 8 tubs, 4/8 animals were dead when we got home. 2/8 died the following week. 1/8 died a few months later. 1/8 is still alive. All animals in the other rack that high temps. (Not as high as the other) are doing well. However, all living snakes affected by high temps will stay with us until they pass.

We switch from heat tape to heating the entire room. We check the room at 7 am, 5 PM and may times throughout the night for heat failures.

Wow that was a ramble. Anyways my point is in 12 hours our temps went from 85° - 140°.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post

Quote:
At the time of pick up and transportation of our collection to Eddie's, our collection was 100% mite free. We did have an outbreak months before that we resolved. We had the extra NIX not only because of that but because we treat all new incoming animals to our collection regardless of where we get them from. I sent out a few packages a couple weeks before Eddie got our snakes in a trade and had no complaints of any issues with those shipments. One of those people even posted on facebook stating this as well. I can get screen shots if further proof is needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #155
Black Adder
140?
Wow now that is killer temps!
If they went that high i could maybe see it but that is extremely hot!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #156
GatorGirl23214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
140?
Wow now that is killer temps!
If they went that high i could maybe see it but that is extremely hot!
The prob came loose and fell about 2-3 feet away from the rack. The tape kept heating until the prob was at 85° :'(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Old 09-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #157
kmrkvicka
Any updates?

Old 10-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #158
charlene.dourty
Everyone is doing good. They have all been eating for me. The mites are gone. The two that have abscesses are on antibiotics but both are still eating. One has an issue with her eye that I will be taking to the vet on Saturday. I think she has a secondary infection due to stress or RI. She doesn't have classic signs of RI but I don't know what else would explain her eye being fluid filled and cloudy despite her NOT being in shed.
Most have gained at least 50g in the last 30 days if not more. I have taken them off paper towels and everyone is on fresh aspen. Things are going good and should continue to get better.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #159
Black Adder
Quote:
Everyone is doing good. They have all been eating for me. The mites are gone. The two that have abscesses are on antibiotics but both are still eating. One has an issue with her eye that I will be taking to the vet on Saturday. I think she has a secondary infection due to stress or RI. She doesn't have classic signs of RI but I don't know what else would explain her eye being fluid filled and cloudy despite her NOT being in shed.
Most have gained at least 50g in the last 30 days if not more. I have taken them off paper towels and everyone is on fresh aspen. Things are going good and should continue to get better.
That at least is very good news after all the heartache
Good luck!

Old 12-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #160
Snake-Queen
After more than a year, has Eddie made any restitution?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!