Bad Guy VelocityVelociraptor aka Jojo Peckham - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #11
VelocityVelociraptor
I was unaware of the BOI. That’s what I meant by “this topic”, and I can tell you that this surgery wasn’t “sudden” by any means. It was mentioned that the buyer that I would be having said surgery- and was in prep when she purchased the snake. Regardless, buyer has her refund, ad is going to be deleted, what more is there to say here? It was an honest mistake and total lack of communication on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #12
VelocityVelociraptor
If you want discharge paperwork I’d gladly post screenshots

Old 11-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #13
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityVelociraptor View Post
If you want discharge paperwork I’d gladly post screenshots

How about a screenshot of you telling her of your upcoming surgery and explanation for delay?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 11-19-2018, 01:20 AM   #14
cbass
I will gladly post the exchanges here. These begin after I sent payment.
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2018, 01:21 AM   #15
cbass
One more...
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2018, 03:18 AM   #16
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
After a brief text exchange, I PayPal'd her $250 plus $8 for PayPal fees.
Fees are seller's responsibility. Kind of an added insult.

Quote:
Over the next two weeks, I was given various excuses for her not being able to ship including: long work hours, living far from the shipping hub, not having shipping supplies, not having a heat pack, weather (outright lie), feeling sick, etc.
Not the buyer's problem. Offering animals for sale with shipping, means having supplies on hand ahead of time.

Quote:
I heard from her about two weeks later saying she would give me a refund whenever her disability kicked in.
Spends the buyers money, will pay it back whenever. Application for disability can take months.

Quote:
Seller took my money and never shipped. Had to file a PayPal dispute. I would not recommend doing business with them.
Buyer had to ask PayPal to intervene on her behalf, as it seemd that a voluntary refund from the seller wasn't going to happen. I can certainly see why she wasn't happy with the way this transaction went downhill quickly.

And I get the surgery thing too; I just had a second spinal fusion last week. Many procedures are brutal, and require a lot of healing time. I can't lift anything heavier than a toothbrush for the next six weeks.

Point is, elective procedures are planned weeks, or months in advance, and making sure the customer got her critter in a timely manner should have been a priority, and part of the planning process for convalescence.

Just my two cents, of course.

Kathy

Old 11-21-2018, 12:18 AM   #17
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityVelociraptor View Post
Regardless, buyer has her refund, ad is going to be deleted, what more is there to say here?
Not to nitpick, but she had to file a PP dispute to get her money back. You didn't refund it, paypal did.

People tend to be skeptical of surgery and illness claims, since scammers often use this tactic. Not saying that you are doing that, just that it's been done before. I do hope that your health improves.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!