Bad Guy Alec Sweet aka "mobiussweet" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
dustinNMpythons
Alec Sweet aka "mobiussweet"

Just wanted to let everyone know how my latest transaction with Alec Sweet went. I purchased a male pinstripe from him on June 23. I can't remember what day he ended up shipping on but I believe it was that same week. Sorry for the lack of details on some of this, it drug on so long that some of the emails have been erased and some of this was over phone calls. Anyway I asked him if he shipped out using FedEx because SYR was not allowing snakes at this time and he just replyed via text message with a confirmation so I tried to look it up and it wouldn't show up on FedEx's website. I then checked UPS and it pulled it up, I was pissed off that he had used UPS to ship but just let him know that he wasn't supposed to use them and decided to wait to see if the snake came in. It never showed so I called the UPS distribution center here and they let me know it made it to Colorado and had been turned back around for unknown reasons. Alec told me he went and picked the animal up and said he would re-ship when they unfroze his accound and said he didn't know why they didn't let him ship. When I repeatedly told him your not allowed to ship using SYR he told me they sent him a message that you could ship snakes through them. I then pointed out the fact that on their main page it says they are not allowed to ship snakes. I told him that if he can't get this thing figured out I would need a refund. In the mean time while all this was going on ReptilesExpress came along so I turned Alec's attention to them. He didn't seem too enthused about getting set up through them so I told him I kept persuing a refund. He then told me he had everything taken care of and would ship on Monday 12 July, even though I didn't know who he would be shipping through I agreed to recieve the package which was stupid on my part. Anyway on 13 July I never recieved anything so I told him I want a refund. He said he was in the "canyon" don't know what that means but his wife had sent him out already and he would give me a confirmation number when he got home. The next day came and went along with the next day now. On thursday I sent him messages all day letting him know if I didn't recieve a refund by friday I would be posting here and contacting paypal legal, I never recieved a reply back from him. On friday the 16th of July I recieved a phone call from the USPS post office on my base (I'm in the military) that asked if I had a live snake shipped in, I didn't know how to reply because I shouldn't have been getting a call from them. So I just replied well he should be alive, they said well he might not be because we put him through the X-ray machine. I said ok well I'll be there in less than 5 minutes. When I got there they told me they are waiting for my first seargant to come (NOT GOOD). I let them know I don't know how it came to them and they told me I'm not allowed to get snakes in the mail. I said yes I can I am FedEx and UPS ReptilesExpress certified and told them I can show waivers. They said thats fine but you can't ship through USPS, my heart sank! So now I'm waiting to find out how much trouble I'm going to get in through the military since it went all the way to the commander. Also they said I'm not going to be able to recieve the package. Luckily I have a lot of people who like me since I just won Amn of the Quarter and always go out of my way to do the best at my job. My shop chief ended up making a few calls and luckily my higher ups were all worried the snake would die if it sat on a shelf so they went ahead and let me recieve the package. So in the end the snake is safe with me and will have a happy new home but Alec Sweet made me look like an Idiot and took me for a ride. Shipping snakes through USPS is a federal offense last time I checked and to top it off it was packaged like Shit. Pictures will be coming as soon as I get them off my camera. Sorry if this is long and not wrote as good as it should be but I'm pretty pissed off right now and haven't had time to cool down.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
ShadowAceD
Yes, shipping via USPS is illegal due to the Lacey Act.

Regardless of how long this drug on, however, e-mails, invoices and anything else of physical value towards credibility must be posted on the BOI. Otherwise it sort of turns into a he said/she said fiasco and those rarely end well, if at all.

Also, have you informed the seller of this post?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
dustinNMpythons
Yes, I told the seller I would be posting on the BOI. I will go ahead and post the paypal stating I purchased and later tonight/this weekend the rest of the emails/pictures will be coming.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
ShadowAceD
Okay. It'd be helpful if you have a reciept from USPS as well. I know you likely don't due to the situation itself, but it'd still be helpful.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
dustinNMpythons
Paypal screen shot

[/IMG]

Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
dustinNMpythons
They didn't give me a reciept, this was done on a military level so no reciept was given. After my shop chief made a few phone calls they told me I could come pick up the snake. I will post before and after opening the package pictures as soon as I get home from work. which will be saturday.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
valleysnakeguy
This sucks, I know this guy personally but not all too well. And what he meant by "Canyon" is possibly the Grand Canyon in AZ, I believe he was going to be out of town this weekend in AZ and/or NV.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
AndrewLiu
So is the snake ok even though it went through xray?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
dustinNMpythons
So far he is ok. I haven't had a chance to really check him out, I just cleaned him and unpacked him into his new box and put him in quarantine. I dont know the effect of an Xray on snakes but they told me they put him through twice.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
dustinNMpythons
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is exactly how it was packaged. Only half the top had insulation if you want to call it that.

I had to retake the first one after I had opened it because I forgot to cover the personal information. I have a picture of the box before opened it but I forgot to cover up the addresses on it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!