Bad Guy Aldabra Tortoise SCAM~~lew212 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Aldabra Tortoise SCAM~~lew212

Lew Abrams~lew212~Scammer from Douala, Cameroon Africa

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:23 AM
To: bigtimereptiles@wildblue.net
Subject: Aldabra tortoises

Hello Lynn,
Breeding of tortoises are what we do, I am an Approved Breeder of Sulcata, Aldabra and Radiated Tortoises and I run a Reptile Farm. Attached are some pictures of my adult Aldabara and Radiated tortoises for sale we currently have 60 babies ready to get a new home.
We do have 12 adult female’s and 10 males to go. All of my females are 100% proven breeder females and range between 24 1/2 " and 29 1/2 " large in size. One of the females usually lay between 3-5 times a years with last year a total of 108 eggs.

Aldabara Tortoise (Geochelone gigantea) is the world’s 2nd Largest Tortoise, male is 30 1/2 " large in size and weighs 150 lbs and female is 28 ''large in size and weighs 110 lbs females lay anywhere from nine and 25 eggs in a shallow nest. Usually less than alf of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating, the tiny tortoises hatch between October and December.

My adult Female Aldabara tortoises cost 650.00 USD in respective of the sex, and a pair of a male and female cost you $900.00, shipping to your location included to ship from Douala, their current location.
All our tortoises are home raised (bred) by myself and my family and they are very healthy. They are shipped alongside a health written guarantee and a document on their specific diet, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell.

Diet
Aldabra tortoises are mostly herbivores. In the wild, they eat grass, leaves, plants, stems and other tasty weeds. They will also feed on insects and dead animals, even their own kind. In captivity they will eat grass, flowers, cactus pads, all sorts of leafy greens and commercial tortoise food. They also like fruit and melons.

Shipping is going to be done Via Inter cargo Airlines and they are going to be transported in a wooden crate. Our females at times she enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport for pick up. Vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises. Sorry for the length of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about this transaction. Hope to get back to you soonest. Sincere greetings and waiting for a soonest reply
God bless you.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
reticguy76
that has scam written all over it.

is this an informational post or an actual bad guy post that you got scammed

Old 12-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
These guys are getting better at this. The IP addresses for his post and registration show two different locations within the US, so no red flags were immediately raised. Thanks for the alert.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Ameivaboy
Ask him for a copy of the CITES

Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
Skanakis
nigeria scams our bank accounts....cameroon now scamming reptile hobbiest? Damn Africans are some smart brothas.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Michaels.herp
Something similar happened to me.

I got this about 2 months ago. It reminded me of this.

hello.
non have specialty.we have 5 types and they are both male and female.
so you just choose from the list below
Albino Ball python.
Cinnamon Pastel Ball Python
Cinnamon Stripe Ball python
Piebald ball pythons.
Spider Ball Python
also get back with the following information:

full names??

house and street address??

postal code???

nearest airport to your home??

phone number???

how many males are taking?

how many females are you taking???
To: Pritty Nicole <pritty.nicole@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: Snakes - Ball Pythons

So how many of each snake do you have and the sexes? How big are they roughly and are there any that are eating specialty stuff like African soft furs?

Reptile Innovations
www.Reptileinnovations.com
Michael Silver- owner

On Nov 10, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Pritty Nicole <pritty.nicole@yahoo.com> wrote:

hello and thanks for the mail.
this is Tenja Nicole

yes the 180$ is for the transportation of the snakes to your home.

so please now that i also know who you are, we are going to be
needing the following information from you in which we are going to
use in the flight booking and delivery of the snakes to your home.

you have to promise us that you are going to take very good care
of the snakes and send to us monthly photos of you and snakes ok.

full names??

house and street address??

postal code???

nearest airport to your home??

phone number???

how many males are taking?

how many females are you taking???
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:37 PM

Okay. That makes more sense. : ) sorry. I'm a hobbiest trying to get into breeding business. I have around 70 reptiles, 29 of which are ball pythons. I'm 22 single work for the YMCA and own a house. I breed my own rats and mice for feeders. So the $180 is that like an international shipping cost? I'm very interested though in the ball pythons though. They are amazing reptiles!
I'm interested in a few males but
More females.
Reptile Innovations
Michael Silver- owner

On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Pritty Nicole <pritty.nicole@yahoo.com> wrote:

hi
what do you mean by scam???
i am Tenja Nicole of Cameroon and my husband and i are breeders.
we are not selling them we are giving them out for adoption.we are doing so because we just relocated to Cameroon and the conditions here are not favorable for the snakes that is why we are giving them out

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:15 PM

This seems more like a scam. 250 for a piebald? How about you give me more info about you and your conact info and well talk. Thanks. Where are you even located?

Reptile Innovations
Michael Silver- owner

On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:08 PM, Pritty Nicole <pritty.nicole@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello
Thanks for getting back to me in regards to my Captive breed ball pythons,They are Many different Species of this ball pythons available and with different price range.Taking care of Captive breed Ball Pythons is something that I find enjoyable, relaxing, and educational as well as you will do.. It can be a challenge at times, and does teach you patience. One lesson I learned pretty early is that caring for reptiles is very unlike caring for mammals (ie.dogs,cats, hamsters, etc.).They will acclimate, but they will be good feeders and are not into defensive position.My Ball pythons are presently 3.2ft and will be about 5 FT when fully grown.They are 08 and The Ball pythons in captivity are fed appropriately-sized mice and rats at the rate of 1-2 every week (I feed them one every 5 days). ***ALWAYS FEED BALL PYTHONS PRE-KILLED FOOD ITEMS!!!*Before i can give any of my ball pythons to any home, i will need you to know more about you,Please give answers to the
questions below:

Questions
1) Where are you located ??
2) Have you any Python care experience?
3) Are you a breeder??
4) How Old are you?
5) Are you married? with kids?
6) What do you do for a living? which of the breed do you want? and when are you ready to have this python?
7) What are your Contact Phone Numbers?

Sorry for all this Questions (i mean no offense) but just that i really need the very best for this Ball pythons.

THE 4 DIFFERENT SPECIES OF BALL PYTHONS AVAILABLE AND THEIR PRICES

BOTH MALE AND FEMALE AVAILABLE.

Albino Ball python.....................................$250
Cinnamon Pastel Ball Python...................$190
Cinnamon Stripe Ball python..................$190
Piebald ball pythons.............................$250
Spider Ball Python..............................$190

and they still have other pictures and these are just samples of them ,have all health papers,EU passports, and are vaccinated.
I will be transporting the Ball Python Snakes from cameroon and delivery will be done at your door steps.the transportation fee will cost you $180.Please let me know if okay with you lets proceed.
Thanks
NICOLE.

<Albino Ball python.jpg>
<Cinnamon Pastel Ball Python.jpg>
<Cinnamon Stripe Ball python.jpg>
<Pastel Jungle Ball Python.jpg>
<Piebald ball python.jpg>
<Spider Ball Python.jpg>
<Super Duper Pastel Ball python.jpg>

Old 12-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
Skanakis
Please also send first born male child....

Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #8
Mike Schultz
Hello I am a nigerian prince who breeds Aldabra tortoises. In order for me to send you my aldabras, i require you to send me a small deposit of one sulcata tortoise so that I may send you 500 aldabra tortoises. God Bless

Old 12-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
LauraB
You have a deal Mike!

If you please I will also send you the amount of $300,000.00 with the Sullcattto tortisse to insure our negotiation and you will return to me the sum of $295,000.00 in certifiable check to my agent.

Your Sullcattto I give in trade will love to be held and can swim well. It will like to be fed every other week and will grow to 9 feet upon adult.

Please you will send me Aldabra soon. God Bless.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!