Sponserships in classifieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Uluru
Sponserships in classifieds

I will use the bearded dragon classified section as an example.

It says no more spots are available due to a limit of 20 sponserships per section. A few of the links dont even work anymore. I think a clean up might be in order. Why should a link that doesn't work be able to eat up a limited sponsership spot? . . .Just a thought

Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluru View Post
I will use the bearded dragon classified section as an example.

It says no more spots are available due to a limit of 20 sponserships per section. A few of the links dont even work anymore. I think a clean up might be in order. Why should a link that doesn't work be able to eat up a limited sponsership spot? . . .Just a thought
Regardless, the member still PAID for that slot.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Uluru
Maybe the fineprint needs to be rewrote? Get active breeders and sites traffic ,not ones that are no longer in business and not active. It doesnt make sense. I understand they paid for the spot but in fairness to everyone else since there are so few spots available have it in the rules that thier link must remain active in order to sponser a page on fauna?

Again just my thoughts and opinions.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
hhmoore
What of people that maintain their websites, but have seemingly fallen off the face of the earth? Do we remove their links, as well?
Keep in mind that sponsors pay for those links, and it is for a finite period. It's not like those links stay there forever...if people don't renew, their links come down.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
hhmoore
I did take a quick look, and only noticed one...and I don't know if that person is still dealing with dragons (at least under THAT business name).
While I understand, and to an extent agree, with your concern, I'm on the other side of the coin...meaning that I know that what you are suggesting requires us to check all sponsor links on a regular basis, then attempt to make contact with any sponsor with an invalid link. That would address the people that allow their website to expire (or take it down); but it would still leave the people that are seemingly out of business, despite having a working site. It would also add another tedious, make work type task to already busy schedules.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Uluru
In the top three there are two that dont work. I know you guys have your plates full. So maybe once every six months? Or maybe getting a moderator that oversees the sponserships or something like that?

And since you said they are finite I guess thats a little better.

This isn't a huge issue or anyting its just something I noticed and thought I would bring it up.
Thanks for the quick responses

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Uluru
Maybe add a page in the Reptile business forums , like a directory of breeders? You could still charge people to be listed there.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
I see what you are saying but for the people that did pay, even if their link isn't active, they did pay for it. If we started removing then would they also be due refunds?
it could get real messy real quick

Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Utta
And what if they had a valid link for 10 months, then it stopped being valid? Would they be entitled to a full refund? Or would they be entitled to say a 20% refund? How, or who, would decide that? What if it's just down for a day while they're updating their site? Who would know the difference? Who would decide it gets the axe if there's no response, because the person is so focused on their site?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Uluru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
And what if they had a valid link for 10 months, then it stopped being valid? Would they be entitled to a full refund? Or would they be entitled to say a 20% refund? How, or who, would decide that? What if it's just down for a day while they're updating their site? Who would know the difference? Who would decide it gets the axe if there's no response, because the person is so focused on their site?
Someone could contact them from fauna. And the refunds could be pro rated. If they paid lets say $100 for ten months and thier site went down after three they would get $70 back. And its not like fauna would be out a lot of money, that spot would be available again for purchase. And it would make it look better to have working sponsered sites vs non functioning ones.The examples in the dragon classifieds have not worked for months. Ive tried going to thier sites numerous times and they dont work or dont exsist anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!