did a search on my own name...Missing posts. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Skanakis
Question did a search on my own name...Missing posts.

Once again here sitting at work. Bored i did a search on my own name. Skanakis here on Fauna. I see not all the threads i have placed on the BOI are coming out. Im actually just talking about the Good Guy BOI threads i have started about the great buys i have gotta thru people here. I dont see all of them. Missing quite a few. Anyone know why?

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Skanakis
I found more posts i posted when i put in the search my Entire full name. Which is required in the BOIs. Still alittle confuzzled why the screen name doesnt show em all.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
the search function looks for usages of (insert search term here) within the post, it does not search the member names. So when someone quotes you it has the text 'posted by Skanakis' and that is found in the search. If you make a post but do not sign or type 'Skanakis' in it, it won't be found by searching for your name. Make sense?

To see the posts you have made, click on your own name and 'find more posts' or view your own profile (click on your own name), then under statisitics you can 'find all posts by Skanakis'.

I hope that helps?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
I moved this to the feedback forum because it is a discussion about this site.

As April stated your posts are there. You can either search all your posts in your user profile or you can search by threads you started. You can also search by forum in the advanced search option. With a quick search of your BOI threads 17 came up. We don't delete posts on the BOI unless those posts violated a rule. They are there.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

To see the posts you have made, click on your own name and 'find more posts' or view your own profile (click on your own name), then under statisitics you can 'find all posts by Skanakis'.

I hope that helps?
The "View all posts by ____" search shows 200 previous posts. While it will still be able to show Skanakis's posts for now, once he makes a few more, the search won't help if he wants to see his first post.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
The "View all posts by ____" search shows 200 previous posts. While it will still be able to show Skanakis's posts for now, once he makes a few more, the search won't help if he wants to see his first post.
Well, actually you can by using the advanced search and set the "Sort results by" options to Last Posting Date and in Ascending Order.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, actually you can by using the advanced search and set the "Sort results by" options to Last Posting Date and in Ascending Order.
Well color me blind. That I didn't know. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
Skanakis
Thank you guys. Questions answered. Thank you for the help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!