Inquiry Chameleon Company - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®


Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #11
My first thought would be that a health issue might have him unable to respond. Whatever is going on, I hope he is or will be okay and I hope he can get back to any wondering customers as soon as he can. Until then, waiting and reversing the transactions are the only real options I see on the table for customers receiving nothing since the interruption in communications began.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #12
There was no communication before I selected my purchase. I went to the website and read all of the glowing testimonials and read everything there was to read about the company that I could find at that point. To be honest, nothing like this has ever happened to me with ordering a reptile or amphibian from an on-line company so I had no reason to think there would be a problem that couldn't be solved with communication between the company and myself. I am being completely ignored by this seller.

Yes they advertise Thursday ship, arrive Friday. That's why I took the day off from work on Friday.

Bottom line: There is no excuse for someone to pay for a purchase and then hear absolutely nothing from the company you have just paid, especially from a person that is supposed to be a very reputable reptile breeder/businessman.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:16 AM   #13
Originally Posted by flatteringchild View Post
I ordered a cham from Chameleon Company on Monday 3/13. I requested that the cham be shipped overnight to arrive on Friday 3/24. I have sent emails (3) since Monday and also tried to call - voicemail is full. I, of course, need to verify a live animal is going to be shipped overnight this coming Thursday (3/23). I took the day off from work so I would be at home all day on Friday.

I have already started my PayPal "investigation" this morning. I filled out the appropriate information on my PayPal account and this goes directly to Chameleon Company. If no reply from Chameleon Company, PayPal takes it from there.
I can see being concerned about the lack of communication and understand taking the step of disputing the payment made via PayPal. However, I don't think you can blame Jim for your needlessly taking off from work to receive a package that you had received no confirmation of a shipping date. I don't think any reputable seller ships without confirming the shipment date with the buyer.

At this point, we really don't know what is going on, and for all we know he is in the hospital in a coma. Might be best to not jump to any conclusions quite yet. But I would certainly consider holding off on any further orders till questions are answered about what is going on.

IMHO, of course.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:16 AM   #14
I agree, Rich. Jim has a good history and produces quality chams, even if he is gruff, rough and outspoken.

Barbara, you ordered a cham and expected delivery with NO communication or conformation from the seller? I have purchased from Jim and have never been disappointed, but like ANY online purchase, whether a living creature or a toaster oven, I wait until I have confirmation of a sale and prospective delivery date. I don't take a day off work until I get that conformation, nor do I expect a delivery on the day I want until I get that confirmation.

Jim has always confirmed the sale and delivery and provided tracking numbers. His packing and shipping of an animal is impeccable.

I agree with Rich and others who have posted. There may well be other factors, such as his health, or his family's health involved. This is so not typically Jim. I hope all who have made purchases will be compensated if you do not receive your chams, but give it time and don't freak. Not yet.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #15
bcr229 No. There was no communication prior.

nstd Yes. There is definitely Thursday ship for Friday morning delivery. I made sure I looked at their shipping schedule. I took Friday off from work so I would be home all day. If it was a problem, I would expect the company to email me and let me know.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #16
Craig Wyatt
Not exactly sure what's going on here. What's has been your way of communication with him. This doesn't sound like something Jim would do at all. Hopefully everything is ok with him. I'll call him right now and ask him to to post.
Hope your ok Jim. Calling now.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
Originally Posted by flatteringchild View Post
I took Friday off from work so I would be home all day. If it was a problem, I would expect the company to email me and let me know.
Under typical circumstances - a situation involving two-way communication that led to a specific agreement - that would be a reasonable expectation. This scenario is atypical. Whatever happens to be going on that has led ChamCo to completely drop communication with his customers is entirely on Mr. Flaherty; however, since you had no actual correspondence which could have led to an agreement on shipping date, your choice to needlessly miss work is on you.

This seems pretty far out of character for ChamCo. At this point, I'm assuming that something pretty serious must have happened for him to just drop everything and leave customers hanging.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #18
October Hunt Reptiles
I placed an order with The Chameleon Company on 2/14/16. I sent an email to Jim on the same day, and he never responded. On 3/5/16, I sent a message to The Chameleon Company's Facebook page and he did not respond to that either.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #19
I have been told by many people that this company is good and jim is honest i agree that something vary serious must have happened and whatever the reason i hope he is ok and wish someone that knew him personally could go check on him at his home just to make sure he is not dead i hope not but no one has had ontact in over 1month from what i have seen i know the last contact i had was on feb 4th
Old 03-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #20
Thanks FC. Things were resolved through Paypal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[For Sale] Panther Chameleon Company PantherChameleons Chameleons 0 01-07-2013 01:22 PM
Jim @ The Chameleon Company Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko Board of Inquiry® 8 11-25-2008 01:12 AM
JIm Flaherty and The Chameleon Company kmease Board of Inquiry® 13 05-09-2006 09:41 PM
The Chameleon Company LLC elago Board of Inquiry® 1 04-22-2004 11:35 PM
Chameleon Company??? Collide Board of Inquiry® 4 02-20-2004 01:39 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Fauna Top Sites

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.05157995 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC