FL Class III Permit? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
FireStorm
FL Class III Permit?

I had my FL class III permit to sell reptiles for 2 years a few years ago, then stopped breeding (ball pythons) for the past few years because I was busy trying to finish my degree. I still kept my collection, but I let the permit lapse because I wasn't selling anything any more and the permit is to sell reptiles not own them. Now I'm done with school and have more time to dedicate to my snakes, so I sent in the stuff for my permit last week (this time under a business name, which I registered).

I was just told by someone on another forum that I will have to pay for the years I didn't have the permit in order to get it back. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is true? This seems like an unfair rule...basically that would mean that they can make you pay for a permit for years you didn't even have snakes if you got out of the hobby and back in....although I will pay if I have to since I have to have the permit...

I'm gonna try to get in touch with someone @ FL FWCC today, but in the past I've found that it's not always easy to talk to the right person...

Any input is appreciated.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
snakechaarmer
Gosh, that's crazy! I don't know the answer to that question but I hope that's not true. Keep me posted.

Hug Twinkie & Olivia for me ^_^

Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
FireStorm
I agree that seems a bit rediculous, but it wouldn't be the first time there was a stupid law. I kinda doubt its true because they kept sending me renewal notices for my permit during the period of time I didn't need the permit and the paperwork never mentioned paying for more than one year. Besides, if they did that it would essentially mean that once you got the permit you'd have to keep it forever if you thought there was any chance you'd ever sell reptiles in the future. If the permit was to own the snakes and you let it lapse while you still had snakes then tried to renew it I could see how they could say you had to pay for the yrs you missed, but that's not the case here. I will certainly let you know what I find out. Twinky and Olivia are doing great

Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
EricIvins
If you had no need for the Permit, then you don't have to pay for it........All you'll pay for is the year the Permit is valid........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!