Bad Guy Reptile Addicts / Fred Kick - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
Ed Clark
8 retained eye caps,20 retained eye caps!!!

That is so hard to believe because it's such an incredibly simple thing to fix.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
8 retained eye caps,20 retained eye caps!!!

That is so hard to believe because it's such an incredibly simple thing to fix.
First of all, that seems like a statement that a newbie might make. There is nothing so hard to believe that some sellers not only ignore the health of snakes, but they may even collect a snake in poor condition only to try to pawn it off as quickly as possible in whatever condition they recieved the neglected snake in. And to insinuate that removing retained eyecaps is "simple", is sending the wrong message to inexperienced herpers who will try to do so without any regard for the animal's well being. Way to go teach.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
Mike Schultz
Just because somebody who doesn't know how to do it can f*ck it up doesn't mean that it isn't a simple thing to do.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #14
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
First of all, that seems like a statement that a newbie might make. There is nothing so hard to believe that some sellers not only ignore the health of snakes, but they may even collect a snake in poor condition only to try to pawn it off as quickly as possible in whatever condition they recieved the neglected snake in. And to insinuate that removing retained eyecaps is "simple", is sending the wrong message to inexperienced herpers who will try to do so without any regard for the animal's well being. Way to go teach.
Like I posted... 8-20 retained eye caps is unbelievable.

Think about it, 20 retained eye caps on each eye equals 20 sheds.if that snake shed every 3 months.how long would it take for 20 sheds?

Old 11-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
And to insinuate that removing retained eyecaps is "simple", is sending the wrong message to inexperienced herpers who will try to do so without any regard for the animal's well being. Way to go teach.
Chris anyone keeping snakes should know how to deal with a retained eye cap if the situation arises. the easiest way to prevent retained eye caps is to maintain your snakes at the proper humidity, then it rarely happens.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #16
Nivea987
My question to the op is. First you stated you didnt wann as drive a half hour for live feeders because this is the only snake you have. Then you proceed to say I will not be purchasing anymore for at least 6 months for the safety of your other snakes. Why contradict yourself openly to him? Doesnt help your case.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #17
Nivea987
I am sorry for the loss reguardless.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #18
gsrept
The kicks are the bad guys here, and again even with all the evidence in the open, the buyer is being made out to be the bad guy. They have a bad reputation for selling sick animals and when they come to NH shows i stay away from thier table seems like most do that know about him. I commend your efforts to help the snake and wish you the best of luck in a small claims case.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Nivea987
Just a question. Not to be taken in the wrong context as any kind of kick or attack.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #20
bullies&balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
The kicks are the bad guys here, and again even with all the evidence in the open, the buyer is being made out to be the bad guy. They have a bad reputation for selling sick animals and when they come to NH shows i stay away from thier table seems like most do that know about him. I commend your efforts to help the snake and wish you the best of luck in a small claims case.
Once again, the EXPERTS speak up !! No leason needed here, as the snake wasn't in OP's poss long enough to have shed more then once. Yes, people should know how to deal with retained caps. Props to OP for taking animal to vet, which is highly UNLIKELY to have been done by many of the EXPERTS putting in their 2 cents.
Freekin vet reports and you all still have questions, WOW !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!