Inquiry Fred Kick safe/reliable? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Earthworks
Fred Kick safe/reliable?

ok...once again personal squabbles aside.

im considering a deal with this individual for a significant sum of money however i real some things in the search here that were questionable at best, does anyone have any recent info on his practices, would anyone like to confirm any negativity about him OR what im really looking for here is can anyone Vouch that he can be trusted?ect...he says he will guerantee shipping and health...let me know pls thx.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
ageber
I purchased a leopard tortoise last year from him and had no problems. The tortoise is alive and well. Transaction went smooth.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
gsrept
I have heard a lot of bad things and a lot of good its a decesion you have to decide looking thru the boi and what ever other sources you can find he strikes me as a flipper at shows he low balls vendors for animals and then puts them on his table for sale.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
ReptileJay
I would not trust Fred, or ANYONE associated with him even remotely... They are interested ONLY in making as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

I've posted my person experiences with them numerous times in threads regarding them, so going through it all again is probably overly repetitive, but long story short, an animal was purchased with a 7 day health guarantee, the animal died less than 24 hours later, and their guarantee was proven to ONLY be as good as the person offering it... (no refund, no replacement, nothing but a "your problem not mine")

The conditions of their facility can also be seen fairly well described in multiple threads about them by various people. Dead animals residing with live ones, visible infestations of parasites, etc.

If you consider yourself a gambler, and are willing to pay about the same amount of money as you would elsewhere to take a REALLY BIG chance on the outcome (condition of the animal purchased as well as the wellbeing of the rest of your collection), then by all means, the Kicks are the BEST people to deal with... But if you want to get a quality animal that you're not playing roulette with, I'd say that pretty much ANYONE else would be a much better bet...

Old 10-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
KenyanPat85
if this is the same kick from lockport ny...id say NOOO. i bought some kenyan sand boas from them at the manchestor show...and they said they were het for albino...unfortuantly...they werent it was wasted money...id advise against it...- agaion only if this is the same kick guys from lockport ny. Patrick goggin.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileJay View Post
I would not trust Fred, or ANYONE associated with him even remotely... They are interested ONLY in making as much money as possible as quickly as possible.

I've posted my person experiences with them numerous times in threads regarding them, so going through it all again is probably overly repetitive, but long story short, an animal was purchased with a 7 day health guarantee, the animal died less than 24 hours later, and their guarantee was proven to ONLY be as good as the person offering it... (no refund, no replacement, nothing but a "your problem not mine")

The conditions of their facility can also be seen fairly well described in multiple threads about them by various people. Dead animals residing with live ones, visible infestations of parasites, etc.

If you consider yourself a gambler, and are willing to pay about the same amount of money as you would elsewhere to take a REALLY BIG chance on the outcome (condition of the animal purchased as well as the wellbeing of the rest of your collection), then by all means, the Kicks are the BEST people to deal with... But if you want to get a quality animal that you're not playing roulette with, I'd say that pretty much ANYONE else would be a much better bet...
I totally agree with Jay.

I saw some of the animals that came out of the raid the same day they were seized.

NO humane person would care for animals the way those animals looked.

I wouldn't allow Fred and Co. to care for my house-plants, let alone breathing, feeling animals.

Nor would I buy so much as a pencil from him.

By purchasing from him, you condone what goes on in his "shop", and allows him to purchase MORE animals to potentially be mistreated/neglected.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
gsrept
Is there a link to a old article about the raid?

Old 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
MikeCurtin
I vend some of the same shows as him. If he has something that you can buy in person, which is rare and hard to obtain, I would buy from him. I would not buy more common species from him, nor would I buy anything I could not physically inspect. Nothing personal, it's just that he deals in so much volume, that quality control can be problematic.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
SamanthaJane13
Can't find any news articles yet, but I'm still looking...for now, these are on the web-

http://buffalo.citysearch.com/profil...es_exotic.html

http://www.inhumane.org/data/PetsPlus.htm

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/9266/NY/US/

Old 10-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
gsrept
I did not realize that he went buy another name pets plus i have sen those articles before thank you. i would never buy from a guy that treats animals like that nor would i sell my own stock to him its not about the money the well fair of the animal is first priority in my book. thanks again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!