Bad Guy Reptile Addicts / Fred Kick - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #91
snakeman101172
Not Long Island. Buffalo, NY. The do not use a banner or any type of signage at the shows they attend, so most won't know who they are until after the fact.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #92
alessia55
To clarify a few points that have come up...

I took the snake to a very reputable reptile veterinarian to be examined.

Why not just return the snake and let Fred Kick deal with it? Because I care about the snake. Returning it to the very place that allowed her to get sick would've been cruel in my opinion. I wanted the snake to get better, not worse. Sending the snake back to Fred Kick would possibly mean it would continue to go untreated. I was doing my part to help the snake, which was my primary concern.

Regarding store credit... It's already been said, but I'll repeat it. I did not accept this offer of store credit because I did not feel comfortable getting yet another animal from him, seeing as the first one was so horribly unwell. Not only that, but the snake's conditions were from long term lack of care- not a fast-acting, temporary illness. Why would I want to risk getting another animal from the same source?

My point in going to court with this case is not to get all my money (vet bills, etc) refunded, but rather to show him that this will not go unnoticed. I'm under the impression that not many people stand up to him. I want my voice to be heard in the situation more than anything- for the sake of the animal that suffered in this situation. I wish more people did this. Many realize "oh well, I bought a sick animal from them... I won't buy from them again and I'll spread the word" but that's about it. I want him to realize that neglecting an animal to the extent he did with this rosy boa is completely unacceptable. Maybe he won't get that message, maybe he won't care. But at least I'll have tried.

I hope that clears things up that have been brought up.

-Alessia Bachrach

Old 02-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #93
SNAKESDJF
rosy boas

Wow, First of all the right thing for the company to do was to refund your money with no hesitation. By them telling you that the humidy may be too low is ridiculous. First of all anyone who keeps and breeds rosy boas knows that they need a very dry environment and do not do well in humid environments. in fact a water bowl should only be placed in a rosy boa enclosure for one day and removed. the only exception is during the shedding process. a little humidy likea moist paper towel can be used.
Second of all Rosy Boas do not play dead and will of course right themselves up if turned over. We are not talking hognose snakes.
3rd of all the statement about if parasites were not present the snake would be dead. That is ridiculous. Parasites and amoebas/bacteria will wreak havoc on a snake in captive conditions! Also I believe a stool sample positive for any kind of bacteria or worms and a receipt form a vet office is enough proof for a person to get a refund for a sick snake. Even a captive bred snake can pick up pathogens like coccidia, and also internal parasites from other cb animals. certain types of internal parasites can cause odd neuralogic signs in snakes. well keep us posted on the status. hOpe the snake recovers and you get your money back

Old 02-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #94
SNAKESDJF
rosy boas

on another note. In there defense I do know people have bought snakes from them and have had no problems or complaints with there animals and customer service. They do have a good reputation as a breeder. In my opinion the right thing to do is to have your money refunded to you. some breeders have so many snakes that it is sometimes easy for a snake that is sick to become unoticed in the very beginning.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #95
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESDJF View Post
on another note. In there defense I do know people have bought snakes from them and have had no problems or complaints with there animals and customer service. They do have a good reputation as a breeder. In my opinion the right thing to do is to have your money refunded to you. some breeders have so many snakes that it is sometimes easy for a snake that is sick to become unoticed in the very beginning.
And thats when the breeder needs to re-evaluate his situation and either cut back the size of operation or higher more help so things arent gone un noticed.

Im sure the good deals Fred had were from healthy stock he received and flipped fast enough they didnt have time to be exposed to his "Facility"

Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #96
SNAKESDJF
Rosy boas

I Totally Agree!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!