Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #221
Kevin S
its obvious that Xavier and Brandon will and cant come to a mutual agreement. so all this Hot wind out of Az,pa,wa and Nc, can stop speculating, maybe instead they can define a propery quarantine procedure to better the community. and maybe threads like this will no longer have to happen.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #222
Bill T
Everyone should just wait for the rest of the report. There was more wrong with the snake then just the ulcers and for now that’s what they are just ulcers not stress ulcers until the vet says otherwise, it6 had renal tubular necrosis and hepatocellular vacuolar degeneration. This was a sick snake now when it started only the vet can tell us.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #223
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
You are 100% incorrect. I'm glad you "mommy" or your "aunt" is a nurse - but I quite sure they know ZERO about ball pythons. This snake didn't develop and die in 9 days from ulcers or an infection allowed my new caused ulcers in 9 days. Thats all their is to it. THEIR METABOLISM IS TOO SLOW.
I don't believe an individual animal's metabolism plays any part in a particular bacterium or toxin's ability to attack it's internal organs. I think it's much more relevant to examine the infecting agent's incubation period and reproductive rates when trying to develop a timeline for how long it'd take to kill.

So how about you post up something that absolutely proves it's not possible for Salmonellosis, and any collateral damage it causes, to kill within 10 days.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #224
Kevin S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Everyone should just wait for the rest of the report. There was more wrong with the snake then just the ulcers and for now that’s what they are just ulcers not stress ulcers until the vet says otherwise, it6 had renal tubular necrosis and hepatocellular vacuolar degeneration. This was a sick snake now when it started only the vet can tell us.
amen to that

Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #225
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
maybe instead they can define a propery quarantine procedure to better the community. and maybe threads like this will no longer have to happen.

This thread isn't here to define proper quarantine periods, if you haven't learned about those yet, you can google it or search the forums here. What is relevant to this thread is how there was no quarantine/acclimation period used at all.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #226
Kevin S
I aware of proper qt procedures, but I feel most are not. they just ramble QT,QT Qt.. but probably don't practice it in there collection. At least properly

Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #227
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
I aware of proper qt procedures, but I feel most are not. they just ramble QT,QT Qt.. but probably don't practice it in there collection. At least properly
There's definitely a lot of that out there, however I don't think most of the primary supporters of that position here are among them. I'm not, I'm certain Diem is not, and I have a good feeling about many of the others. You can usually spot the pozers after a while, and most of these guys are pretty solid across all the threads they are in. However, if anyone wants a prime example of proper qt and integrity in business, read http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/oth...diagnosis.html, that's how it should be done. If these guys had allowed even a decent acclimation period I could have agreed with at least some compensation. But they chose not to.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #228
IslandArboreals
Was the dead snake actually identified as the snake owned by Xavier? Sorry if I missed it in the 20+ pages of ramblings.
On a side note, you(Thomas and Brandon) have a collection over $100,000 and you introduce an outside animal into your collection with no quarentine?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #229
Fangthane
I haven't seen Xavier contest it, so I have to assume there was never a question of whether or not it was the snake he sent.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #230
Riyeko
I stopped reading at page 17 (and will of course go back to reading as soon as I put in this small bit of information).

I bought a four year old, anery cornsnake that I named Rocky, since he looked like a pile of rocks when I put him in his tub for quarentine when I first got him.
Loved him a bunch and left him alone, only every few hours or so I would go in there and check on him (since he was the second animal I had bought online).

Anyway, four days later I walk in and the tub is very motionless and I can just tell something is really wrong.
Rocky had passed away that night. I quarentine my snakes in my room since its away from the majority of the collection in the other bedroom (which is now turned into a reptile room).
I was very heart broken since I had only known Rocky for four days, but, after vet visits (this was two years ago so no I do not have any of the papers or files left over to post and show), he was completely healthy, had ate one day after his arrival (and he ate with gusto!), and was a completely normal healthy snake.

He died after four days.

My point is, everyone is screaming that healthy animals DO NOT DIE within nine days of being shipped.
Thats not true. Ive seen not only first hand, but other stories here and other reptile forums (including one about large lizards (like tegus n iguanas), and geckos), that reptiles can die of very little things.
Including the stress of shipping.

So whether or not the animal was healthy when it left, it can die within those nine days of being shipped to the new owners home.
Just sometimes you get bad luck.

Honestly though, I think that the buyer here should have quarentined his animal, regardless if he bought the animal as a breeder or not.
Sure, breeding this year would have brought him some handsome profits this fall, but then again, the world is not ending in 2012 like everyone thinks.
All you have to do is be patient and wait for things to take their course.
Be gentle.
Dont force something that you spend a lot of money on to make you more money right away. Sure its a tiny loss, but if you would have quarentined the animal, waited until next breeding season, you might have been able to get more clutches out of the little guy, he would have been older, more acclimated to the new enviornment, and honestly I see it as more of a profit since you took care of him and nutured him before turning him into a sperm factory.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!