Help! I'm tired of getting pooped on! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
djmidkiff
Help! I'm tired of getting pooped on!

Ok so I've only had my monitor a week, but he was real calm the first few days. Now he gets very grumpy when he's taken out of his tank and proceedes to spray poop on whoever may be holding him. I know that this is sometimes a defense, but he does it even when he is sitting on your lap with no one else around or touching him. My question is if this is weird in that he doesn't poop ANYWHERE in his tank except in the water, and it has seemed more and more like he is actually pooping once he is out of his tank, even if we are letting him just walk around on his own. What does everyone think???
DJ Midkiff
PS PREHISTORIC PETS CHINO: I LOVE MY LIZARD!!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-12-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
jaysonsSnakes
poop

hey man,
that is a monitor trait lol. I have had a savannah that love to poop on ya when you pick him up. Most monitors will use the water bowl as the restarea. As he gets used to you as the handler and being handled he should grow out of it.

Jay

Old 03-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
djmidkiff
Post Just to clarify....

I'm know why he poops on people, I am wondering more if its normal that the ONLY place he poops IN HIS CAGE is in his water. And he always goes within minutes of getting him out, on the floor or whatever.......
~DJ~
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
meretseger
It's better to do if it's in the water! Lots of reptiles do that. And with a little ingenuity, it makes it easier to clean his cage out.

Erin Benner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread