High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #141
varnyard
Kelly, I have a question. Do you think how someone acts when ask questions in relation to how they do business would reflect on this? Should it? You bet ya, IMO.

If they are found to be less than fourthright, as well a deceptive in the so call business. Why should it not reflect on the GGC in relation to how they do business?

If they conduct themselves in a manner that shows them to be honest, then if they choose not to this should reflect as well. JMHO

As I stated before, the way you choose to see the GGC differs how from the trader rating already in place? It is not the same, the GGC is based on opinion of members here. It is not only feedback from buyers, but opinions of what light people see your business in. Why is that not fair? IMO, the days of running a muck in our hobby should be regulated by such tools.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #142
fuscusking13
Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
well I have not lied to you.

Therefore I would like to say.
I own Ralph davis Reptiles
I own VPI
I own Bob Clark and Mike.
I also own boaphile
They are just running my business for me.

If you belive that, please send me $1000.95 and your entire collection.
I too promise to keep them forever...

I will take them in and put them as part of my "closed" collection. together with all the trade ins I have receive and everything I import.

just being sarcastic to prove a point
Ritchie, If you want to call me a fool or stupid or too trusting, nieve, go ahead and say it. I take people for their word unless I have reason to believe otherwise. Dave has given me no reason to believe otherwise and there is nothing but good comments about HEH. To be perfectly honest I dont care if the guy was an axe murderer, as long as he keeps his word to me and takes care of my animals I am satisfied. So far he has done that, so I have no complaints. I don't know why you feel you must try to insult me, but hey no sweat off my back. I am who I am and I am happy with who I have become. I really thought you might have some legitimate quarrel with this Damon guy, but now that you have insulted me for no reason I question your integrity, as I have done you no wrong. Take care, Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #143
varnyard
My bad, Kelly = Kelli.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #144
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Kevin, I agree with you and Jim that votes should be based on the way a person conducts business
The manner in which a person conducts his business is not based solely upon sales. It's how the customer or potential customer is treated. It's their ability to answer questions posed of them etc etc.

As Rich clearly stated, the certificate is an honor bestowed upon the individual that shows potential buyers that this person is endorsed by the users of this site and that they are in good standing within this community. It is NOT based solely upon sales otherwise having both a trader rating and good certificate would be redundant. Afterall, it's not the little guy that is concerned with what the trader rate states.

You have said yourself that you would not do business with this entity. Why is that? If you won't do business with them then it certainly stands to reason that they are not in good standing with you, correct? That you have doubts. So why not protect the innocent before protecting HEH?

If this case against HEH was a mere hunch then I would not have voted. However, when the number of coincidences soon outnumber your clientele, you have to start wondering. I, as a participant in this community, do not endorse HEH, they do NOT fall within acceptable parameters of good standing, for me to simply sit idly by and not respond.

Maybe the certificate means more to me then most as I refuse to allow it to be bestowed upon an entity when that entity has a lot of explaining to do. The certificate is something you earn not something you deserve. Yup, maybe it does mean more to me.......

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #145
KelliH
Quote:
Kelly, I have a question. Do you think how someone acts when ask questions in relation to how they do business would reflect on this? Should it? You bet ya, IMO.
I really don't think how someone acts when encountered with a question in relation to their business is relevant, unless they are proven to be lying.

Quote:
If they are found to be less than fourthright, as well a deceptive in the so call business. Why should it not reflect on the GGC in relation to how they do business?
No, I agree with you 100% about that. If their business practices are proven to be deceptive then it should be relected on their GGC.

Quote:
As I stated before, the way you choose to see the GGC differs how from the trader rating already in place? It is not the same, the GGC is based on opinion of members here. It is not only feedback from buyers, but opinions of what light people see your business in. Why is that not fair? IMO, the days of running a muck in our hobby should be regulated by such tools.
I guess I see the GGC as more important (for lack of a better word) than the trader ratings, thus I feel that votes should be based on one's own business transactions with the business or individual, and not personal feelings. I think that some of the problems with the certificates are when people vote YES on them when they have never done business with the person, but just think they are cool. Bill Leverton and TSE come to mind off the top of my head as those that had lots of positives but ended up being exposed for the scumbags that they are.

I think we just have a different way of looking at the GGC's. It is a rather slippery slope and as I said before, no system like this is perfect.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #146
KelliH
Quote:
If you won't do business with them then it certainly stands to reason that they are not in good standing with you, correct?
No, it just means I don't feel a good vibe coming from them. I haven't from the first time I noticed their postings in the ksnake forums.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #147
varnyard
I have one answer to the whole GGC system.

Do good business, be honest and you will not draw a bad vote. It is not that hard, it is called doing the right thing.

Does TSE (Chris Johnson), or Bill Leverton deserve the votes they got? You bet, 110%. Or wait, I guess I need to be scammed before I can see they are bad, I think not.

IMO, do they need to have a GGC banner? Not even close.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #148
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
No, it just means I don't feel a good vibe coming from them. I haven't from the first time I noticed their postings in the ksnake forums.
And I, as a potential buyer, would like the benefit of your opinion and what better way of voicing said opinion then on the poll?

Kelli, the simple fact that you, someone to whom I have a great deal of respect for, won't deal with them is incredibly important for me to know. The GGC is a great way of voicing that opinion and letting potential buyers know what your gut instinct is.

I understand that it, just like the karma system etc, can be abused and that's a shame. However, my gut instincts are rarely wrong and so long as I have the option of removing my vote when the time is right, then I believe you (Fauna community) have an obligation to cast your vote.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #149
fuscusking13
Ggc..

I agree with all angles of this argument, but Griz is right you can retract your vote, so if you feel one way or another then vote, and change it if your opinion should change. I gave him a good guy vote because he helped me out and treated me fairly before during and after my transaction with him, and no one would think negatively of me for putting that vote in given the situation, but should he for some reason screw me over, which I truly doubt, my opinion would indeed change. Trader rating is for sales transactions, and the GGC is just that to show who you feel is good and who you feel is bad. Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #150
KelliH
Quote:
Does TSE (Chris Johnson), or Bill Leverton deserve the votes they got? You bet, 110%. Or wait, I guess I need to be scammed before I can see they are bad, I think not.
Yes, of course they deserve the negative votes they got. They were proven to be liars and scammers. The problem was that many of the positive votes they had before their "outing" were given by "friends" of theirs and not all by people that they had really had good business transactions with, therefore it made them look as if they had a ton of happy customers.

Quote:
Do good business, be honest and you will not draw a bad vote. It is not that hard, it is called doing the right thing.
I disagree and I think you know why, but let's not go there again.

Quote:
I understand that it, just like the karma system etc, can be abused and that's a shame. However, my gut instincts are rarely wrong and so long as I have the option of removing my vote when the time is right, then I believe you (Fauna community) have an obligation to cast your vote.
You make a good point about having the option to change your vote. I can kinda see both sides now. I'll have to do some more thinking about this. Thanks for the post Griz, it was helpful.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart