Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 81 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #801
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
As much as you don't want them to get the snakes back, if they refund you they are entitled to get them back.
And...if you give them back and accept a refund (without testing yourself) you may not have a legal leg to stand on if it is later discovered that your collection harbors the disease.

I am sorry guys, I just want Elizabeth to see this from all perspectives and not only the "moral" perspective.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #802
ShadowAceD
She does see it now, from what I gather.

She's keeping the Bolivians and getting them tested. If they do come back positive, then Ashley is going to have to pay far more than 750.00.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #803
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
She does see it now, from what I gather.

She's keeping the Bolivians and getting them tested. If they do come back positive, then Ashley is going to have to pay far more than 750.00.
And THAT will teach her a very good lesson!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #804
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
I finally got an email, again from Ryan. He offered shipping with a reverse label and then I would get a refund.

I refused,
Where did I say I was going to get a refund from them? I explicitly stated in my first two sentences in this post that though they offered a refund on terms of return of the animals, I REFUSED THE REFUND.

KelliH are you saying I should send them back and accept , did you miss my statement, or what?

I want to be able to test these animals myself, and know that the results come from a reliable source. Much less the whole moral aspect. If I end up never getting a penny from the Caspillos I will still sleep better at night having made this decision. These snakes are going to stay legally mine.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #805
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Where did I say I was going to get a refund from them? I explicitly stated in my first two sentences in this post that though they offered a refund on terms of return of the animals, I REFUSED THE REFUND.

KelliH are you saying I should send them back and accept , did you miss my statement, or what?

I want to be able to test these animals myself, and know that the results come from a reliable source. Much less the whole moral aspect. If I end up never getting a penny from the Caspillos I will still sleep better at night having made this decision. These snakes are going to stay legally mine.
My apologies, I interpreted it that you were in the middle of negotiating a refund but still wanted to keep the animals. If you are refusing the refund then of course, you should keep the snakes.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #806
Elizabethlea27
Ok phew glad that is clear! I apologize that I was harsh in that last post. I was feeling quite defensive, as I am no source on legal matters >.<

Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #807
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Oh yes indeed. If they come back positive, Ashley will have to pay for the cost of the bolivians, the vet bills, the value of Elizabeth's ENTIRE collection, and then some.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #808
reticguy76
That, unfortunately, is so much of the problem these days, we rely too much on legalities and papertrails, and things signed, instead if good old fashioned morals and ethics. Morals should always come first. Legally, yes, she would have to give the snake back if refunded, morally and ethically no animals should ever go into or leave her house ever again. If she has morals, she wouldn't even contemplate asking for any snakes back and offer full refunds and pay for testing any and all animals I question.
That is ethical/moral breeding/selling.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #809
hboyles66
I have to fully agree with reticguy that morals and ethics should be how buisness is done but unfortunately the world is full of people who would rather have cash than respect. I prefer getting the respect and then the cash will come. Ashley has shown a pure example of money over ethics. It is a sad situation but it needed to be done.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #810
reticguy76
Dont get me wrong, I realize we dont live in Mayberry and times are different, I was simply stating if we did use our morals and ethics and just common decency and common good sense, well frankly, we would have little place bad guy threads and much/many more healthy animals.

I'm not a big breeder by any means, but I do breed, I try to do many trades/sales as I can, the old fashioned way, our word and handshake (when possible)

That's what it's all about. Hopefully her common ethics and good morals shine through and she does the true right thing. Everybody (and she) knows what that needs to be

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd