Bearded Dragon Poll Please Answer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
Iluvdragons
Question Bearded Dragon Poll Please Answer

Hello, I just love bearded dragons and it has been a fun hobby to hatch eggs, my problem is that I have realized something about the "plain " dragons . I have hatchlings now that are just the basic color and I dont want them to be some kids passing phase which seem to be the calls I am getting because they are sold "cheap". I will only sell them to experienced reptile inquiries. So I have come to the conclusion that maybe If I love dragons so much I will buy a high color quality pair and have a price to fit and maybe it wont attract those ones just looking for a "cheap lizard ". I feel beardies are so much more than that. I just love them. So my big question is what color morph do you feel is most popular ? And for what price ? What ones do you think would be in high demand ? Also did I make sence above on my conclusion about the cheap ones ? If I do this I have to know that they will get good homes and it seems that if people pay a reasonable price not just the cheapest maybe they will take care of their investment and not just buy them for a child. What are your thoughts ? I dont have much room so I would only get one more pair. Sincerey Kim

Old 05-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #2
Lucille
I have seen kids who treasure their lizards but we all know of kids (and adults) who buy animals and treat them as a disposable toy. I am not sure that cost is a promise of good care- more successful IMHO is to try to get to know your customer a little and if they seem irresponsible just don't sell them the animal.
Half of all marriages end in divorce, if people can't stabilize their human relationships there is no reason to expect they would do any better with a lizard.
Just try to do your best to see that the little hatchlings are sold to good homes.
BTW no one ever only has room for 'one more pair' LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!