Bad Guy Beware! !!! Graveexotics/Alex graves /possibly Alex may - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
jaybol7
Beware! !!! Graveexotics/Alex graves /possibly Alex may

Beware! !!!
Just figured I'd give everyone a little insight on a scammer! I met this guy as l was looking for leachies. He contacted me to trade 2 adult male leachianus for my male yearling b&w tegu and a 4 yr old cuban rock iguana. Big boy. He's missing half of his front right (as you're looking at him) (technically his left) middle finger by the way. Well I shipped first and he's gone in the wind. Met him thru hoobly, he's from joplin Missouri. The name he gave was alex graves (could be alex may). His screen name was "Graveexotics"! Says he's a tattoo artist!
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Occidentalis
This is interesting. Your cuban is up for sale/trade under the name Thomas Ryder in Joplin, Missouri. I was looking at it yesterday and contacted him about it but didn't hear back. I saw the same animal up for sale by you here on Fauna. Definitely the same animal - pay special attention to the toe on the left foot in the attachments below. I hope these screenshots help - I suspected a scam and was waiting for something to pop up. Sorry you got robbed.

Here is his facebook profile (The cover photo doesn't look to be his, so this may just be another alias):
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010223919207
On his profile it claims he used to work at "Hard Times Tattoo", went to East Newton High and is originally from Phoenix, Arizona.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
Occidentalis
I just wanted to add that if you can post the email you used to contact him, the address you sent the animals to, phone numbers and any other important information, it might help in tracking aliases and exposing this guy.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
LauraB
Just check out his FB; it looks like he's taken the ad down. In the event he deactivates that FB, here are some groups he belongs to. Might help to check those out and see if he's trying to sell your Big Boy there as well. Heck, join them and warn those members as well.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
jaybol7
Thank you everyone. Here is his cell, his supposed wife's cell, and the address. His # I contacted him thru 4173470719 , His supposed wifes # 4178127271 and his home address is 1925 Dirt Road, Joplin, Mo, 64801

Old 09-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #6
jaybol7
Every single one of those pics on his face book page are mine that I sent to him. I can show you all everything that is in those photos. The blue rug in my reptile room, everything. That is even my hand feeding the iggy crickets from my hand. I put the puppy pads down in his cage. Un freaking believable!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
jaybol7
That's my arm holding him up. Look at the tattoo. It's saint Michael. I'm a retired NYPD officer.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
jaybol7
I want this guy so bad you guys and gals have no idea! Lol.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #9
bcr229
He's posted the ad in the "Rare and Uncommon Reptiles Classifieds" group.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #10
jaybol7
Can you send me the link? I tried to type it in and it's not working

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!