any advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
blackfriday.tyler.
any advice

i recently purchased a veiled chameleon she is eating well on small krickets and mill worms, but i have noticed her right nostril is slightly bigger or swollen as opposed to her left nostril. i have googled it but have not found anything on it. i am not new to reptiles but to chams yes, and would appreciate any help/advice. thank you all for your time, and i will post a pic shortly!

Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
blackfriday.tyler.
any help...

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Texas Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfriday.tyler. View Post
any help...
A pic would really help...... It sounds like there might have just been some close line breeding in her lines. Line breeding chams dosnt seem to work out well for the cham.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
blackfriday.tyler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
A pic would really help...... It sounds like there might have just been some close line breeding in her lines. Line breeding chams dosnt seem to work out well for the cham.
ok, here are some pics, and it does not seem to be getting bigger, and has remained just slightly larger than the other nostril since i have had her

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
blackfriday.tyler.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Texas Ranger
What is your set up like. Light wise what's on the bottem of the cage style of cage and what feeders are you feeding and gutloading with. Also what kind of supplement schedule do you have her on. And how long are your mistings? Sorry for all the questions but all that will give me a better idea of what may be causing the issue.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
blackfriday.tyler.
she is being fed small krickets, being misted twice daily, paper towels are being used as substrate, she is under uva/b light 50w, on a 10 hr light cycle, i am powdering her krickets, the enclosure is a 17x13x11. i was told not to put her in a bigger enclosure until she is bigger, she is very small right now.

i had someone tell me it might be a spider bite. but idk, it seems to be getting better, not as pink and puffy.

thanks for the help

Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
hadenglock
could be some sort of nasal infection. It could also be possibly be irritated from nasal discharge. If it doesnt get better soon, i would see a vet. It may be even nutrional related, are you offering greens for her to eat?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
blackfriday.tyler.
i have not tried yet, should i?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
hadenglock
its worth a shot, veileds are considered omnivorous, try feeding dark leafy greens like collard, turnip, mustard, etc.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!