Anyone else? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
jasballs
Anyone else?

Tuning in to Reptile Radio tonight? Kevin from NERD. Is joining Larry and BT.
Should be one Heck of a show!!

Old 08-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Laura Fopiano
I have to work in the early am. But you can bet that Bryon will be listening!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I have to work in the early am. But you can bet that Bryon will be listening!
He's always listening! By phone that is lol! We may have to start saying Reptile Radio with your hosts Larry, BT and Bryon!! LOL.. J/K......

Old 08-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
dsirkle
This should a really good show tonight.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirkle
This should a really good show tonight.
It was ok. Probably the LAST one i'll ever listen to though.. Someones gone alittle Whacky!!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
It was ok. Probably the LAST one i'll ever listen to though.. Someones gone alittle Whacky!!
Whatcha mean John?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
Whatcha mean John?
feeding well known market crashers and talking shit about flippers in the same Breath is just assinine if you ask me!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
feeding well known market crashers and talking shit about flippers in the same Breath is just assinine if you ask me!
John, I have known Larry for over a year now, been to his home, have seen his collection, and to the best of my knowledge he has never bought from a market crasher or flipper. So what or whom could you be talking about?

Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #9
Gary O
I think BT and Larry are good people. I am not sure what John is talking about. But I am also sure that he would not be upset unless he had a reason too.

BT and I had talks about "flipping", many many of the larger breeders did it at one time and many still do. Get trades or get a clutch of snakes to get that one animal and sell the rest. BT told me he would never buy from a "flipper" but in the same convo via PM he said he bought from Tim Koppenhofer. He bought Bloods. But Tim is a Broker. Tim is an awesome guy and offers top quality stuff. I would and still do buy from Tim when he has something I could use in a project.

I am not sure what is wrong with this "flipping" thing. I buy animals from people that LOVE to breed but do not like the selling end. I do. I breed my own stuff and offer animals I buy from my friends. I have many customers that stand by me and I thank them. i offer only grade A animals. And back my animals 100%.

About the crashers. I will not support people that are out to crash the markets. But there is a difference in breeders selling other breeders animals under market value. It happens at every show every weekend. ALL THE TIME. But public do not see them prices.

From what I know BT and Larry seem to be honest people. And both seem to love this hobby. I do not get to listen to the show all the time. But I like the show. I think they do great.

I would love for John to post what he is talking about if he would. If he does not want to say anymore I will respect that.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
Laura Fopiano
This may not be the proper place to have a heated debate about those who flip and those who buy from them. Do I support them? Sure some of them. Some of them I hold more respect for them some breeders.

I (Bryon and I) breed our own animals, breed our feeders, and heck we even breed our own meal worms.

Personally, when I talk about "flippers" it's the catchy and completely ridiculous names given to a non morph animal that makes our industry look like a bunch of total retards.

I'm all for being able to sell off my excess babies, and will back any genetics that go with said animal, but call them what they are. That's my only beef about "some" of the flippers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!